Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 10 April 2010
In terms of clarity, relevance of information and being a pleasure to read I cannot imagine a superior book of this length on the subject! It is packed with facts and photos and as a result I read it in a day. Yes, I would have enjoyed a longer book, but I think the authors have decided to keep it brief for the sake of being accessible to a wider audience.

As a comparison, the more expensive Zanda and Rotatu book on meteorites and impacts was quite similar in content. However I thought the Natural History Museum book excelled at using information gleaned from meteorite finds to shed light on the conditions of the solar system that ultimately led to our own existence.

If you enjoyed the superb BBC series 'Wonders of the Solar System' by Brian Cox, I
think you would also enjoy this product.
on 6 January 2011
I bought 'Meteorites' for my huisband as a Christmas present. We had heard the author give a lecture on the subject. It was clear, concise and easy to understand - and the book was not a disappointment, as her writing style is equally informative and intelligent, whilst not blinding the reader with unnecessary science. An excellent introduction to the subject.
on 25 November 2012
I am fairly new to meteorites, so i wanted to know a bit more about them and what i was buying. This book does that for beginners i recommend this book for beginners only.
on 1 July 2011
It had very good reviews , but I found it a bit basic just an overview of the different types but not going in any depth
on 23 November 2015
My interest in the subject matter has increased massively over the last few months, and I've been reading up. The first book I read contained a few contradictions, as well as a few claims that don't seem to be made elsewhere. That's not the case with this book, which is well-presented, consistent and tells the story (which is what I want my collection to do) with great clarity.
on 30 December 2013
Totally excellent product & service. Would not hesitate to use again. Happy recipient too as this was a Christmas present.
on 27 September 2014
Great book , very easy to read , at a great price . As a start to the subject , well worth while .
on 7 November 2015
A good introduction to understanding what meteorites are and where they come from.
on 24 November 2015
A good beginners book with plenty of clear photo's
on 13 May 2013