1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Read some time ago - but remember it was good., 18 May 2014
Mr. S. Milton "simon milton" (Ipswich United kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fossil Plants (Living Past) (Paperback)
I have only written a review of this book simply because there are no other reviews of this book. If and when somebody else publishes a decent review, of this book, then, (unless I find the time to re-read this book and re-edit this review before that happens) I will delete this review. I am sorry that this will not be a great review - due to the number of years ago that I read this book. I remember that it was well written taking the story of the first plants colonising the empty land-masses to within a few million years turning into ancient forests. Every chapter - for me - held amazing new revelations. Indeed I never realised how fascinating Fossil Plants of the ancient Earth were until I read this book. I recall that it explained in lay-man's language the fascinating details of the fossils - otherwise I would not have understood it. My impression after reading this book was that plants would never be seen in the same light. It was one of those rare books that when reading it one was hungry for more. It certainly is up there as one of the best books that I have ever read. Just to quickly add I read a Library copy of this book. I had read other books on the ancient plants and their fossils, however, this is the best one that I have read.

Fossil Plants (Living Past)
Fossil Plants (Living Past) by Paul Kenrick (Paperback - Nov 2004)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 5 weeks