5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes to bring the Mediterranean sunshine to your kitchen.
This book looks delicious, the recipes are easy to follow and taste good. I have been able to cook several of the dishes without going out to buy loads of one-off ingredients. This is not one of those cookery books which languishes on a shelf gathering dust. Buy Sophie Grigson's book if you want to make the summer holidays last longer this year!
Published on 13 Aug 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Give us a break Sophie
After catching some of the series on TV I decided to purchase the book. I'm so glad I got it at this reduced price from Amazon as the book has left me a little dissapointed.
Published on 9 Oct 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes to bring the Mediterranean sunshine to your kitchen., 13 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine food is full of real recipes for real cooks., 9 Sep 2000
This review is from: Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food (Hardcover)
Sophie grigsons book is a must for anyone who finds cooking and eating a pleasure. Her recipes work well and are never complex. Having tried her recipes for chick peas with spinach and the delicious and easy Salmorejo, I have to go on and make everything in the book! Use this book to plan your next dinner party and you will feel as relaxed and satisfied as your guests by the end of the evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilled and delicious, 22 Mar 2005
This review is from: Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food (Hardcover)
This is one of the best and most useful cook books I have ever owned!
If you are in a bit of a rut and fed up of the same old stodgy British dinners, this is THE book to shake you up and remind you what Summer tastes like.
You don't need to have been travelling to the places which Sophie mentions to appreciate the foods and in fact, if you haven't, this might give you just the kick you would need, to set off on your own tour of the Med!
The best bit is that none of the recipes are very difficult and all are set out in such a way that you can prepare in advance and just enjoy your evening, without worrying about the food.
Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars her best book, 9 Oct 2013
Amazon Customer "hamble" (somewhere in west europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food (Hardcover)
I have EVERY SINGLE ONE of Sophie Grigson's book, and believe me, this is her best. It is the only one I come back to again and again. The recipes are (mostly) gorgeous. There are some truly stunning dishes, ones that I keep on returning to. And they all seem so HEALTHY too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Sunshine, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food (Hardcover)
I think Sophie and I must be related!

She has the same taste buds and enthusiasm as I.

She excites, she talks and you feel she is in your kitchen.

She covers everything, the veggis section is good.

I love Sophie, good pedigree, we have her mum to thank for her insight to meditteranean cooking.

Worth buying.

Makes me smile to read it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Give us a break Sophie, 9 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food (Hardcover)
The chatty stlye is welcoming and friendly but why, oh why, does Sophie have to keep banging on about the quality of food in the Med? So, they can grow really ripe tomatoes and peppery basil but I only want to be reminded once that I live in windswept old Britain not in the sunny Med. Unfortunately not every one of us had the same upbringing as good old Sophie!
My 'favourite' recipe is the Rocket Pizza. Sounds interesting until you read that it is a tomato and mozzerella pizza with a handfull of rocket on the top. Please, this recipe deserves a '2/10, could do better'.
The only thing I have tried so far is the Lemon Tart (fantastic lemon flavour), I could have got the recipe from the Radio Times!

Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food
Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food by Sophie Grigson (Hardcover - 13 July 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01