on 8 October 2001
A great book for seafood novices. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fish but is too scared to try cooking it at home. Rick's easy to follow recipes are simple, delicious, and quick to do. What's more, mine even came out looking like the photo!! What more can you ask for?
on 22 February 2001
We have greatly enjoyed the Seafood Lovers' Guide for mainly two reasons - not only it provides inspiring recipies, but also good advise for restaurants to visit and fishmongers to find. Unfortunately we did not have the book while touring Scotland, but now it forms one essential piece of preparation for future trips.
on 30 October 2000
another excellent book by rick stein. His enthusiasm for the sea and seafood really make you want to go down to the coast and browse the fish markets. This book contains excellent recipes and beautiful artwork. Seafood lovers and Rick Stein fans will not be disappointed.
on 14 September 2001
A Perfect book for those who are advanced in the cooking of fish and live in the UK or Ireland. Rick's TV programme was great and I had hoped the book would be full of recipes containing simple and wholesome ingredients with detailed method, comment and to finish a photo. All was there except the Photo and should you not live in the UK or Ireland you will have little use for the Fish shop and restaurant address and trivia included. I shall just have to buy other fish cookery books from this excellent chef.
on 23 February 2014
I only gave it 4 stars as I did not think it was as good as other books by Rick Stein. Some of the recipes are far too complicated. Sweet cured herrings for instance is not the type of recipe that I would concider at home.Ok for serving up in Padstow by Rick and I would enjoy it.A good read though for all that
on 19 January 2014
A classic from Rick Stein whether you ever cook any of the recipes or not it is a really good feel good read on a cold winters evening and a reminder of how little we as a nation value the wonderful seafood that is just off of our shores and so loved by our european neighbours.
on 27 November 2013
arrived on time and used already.i saw it and read it at a friends liked it ordered it for a dinner party idea
on 2 October 2014
Good Amazon seller, great value delivered promptly, item exactly as described, will use again, thanks.
on 18 May 2015
Disappointed, bought this for a recipe I saw on one of his shows unfortunately its not there!
on 24 September 2014
I already had this book and this was to provide a rough copy. As always a great book