5.0 out of 5 stars For a budding journo like me, this was an excellent read!, 5 Oct. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: We Interrupt This Programme (with audio CD) (Hardcover)
"We interupt this programme..." is a really good book. As a Broadcast Journalism student I've long been interested in big news stories and how broadcasters, such as the BBC, cover them.
Peter Barnard is an excellent writer who takes you on a journey to the events and weaves into that how the broadcasters coped with the stories.
I've only been alive for the final few events, from the Thatcher years, to the truly awful events in Dunblane and finally, to the death of Diana.
And a quick word for John Humphrys, a reporter I've long since respected, whose Introduction was very apt...especially as he's reported on most of the big stories of recent decades.
It just makes me all the more determined to be a journo and hope that one day its me saying...."I interrupt this programme."
By Mathew Hulbert. Broadcast Journalist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 9 May 2014
Mr. G. H. Horn (Plymouth ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Interrupt This Programme (with audio CD) (Hardcover)
I am enjoying the book and CD. It is good value. I can recommend this to others. . I hope there are others on a similar theme

4.0 out of 5 stars News Just Coming In, 5 Dec. 2013
Andrew T. Kiln (Ramsgate ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Interrupt This Programme (with audio CD) (Hardcover)
Some of the most shocking and some of the most exciting news of the century. Covers a wide range of history. A.T.Kiln

We Interrupt This Programme (with audio CD)
We Interrupt This Programme (with audio CD) by Peter Barnard (Hardcover - 21 Oct. 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01