on 11 September 2000
I am a psychology student and have been studying the biology of the brain with relation to my studies. This is an excellent aid to go along with your text books as it explains things from a very basic level - using useful pictures and explanations - through to a fairly deep level. I found it dead good to use this alongside my text books as it really helps understanding! If you are not studying for a degree - but want to understand more about how the brain functions - you will love this book, it is really easy to understand and has lots of explanatory photos & diagrams! I enjoyed it much more than the other books I have!
on 26 September 2001
It really helped me with my studying. I think this was as the pictures were clear and the quotes were simple but helped a great deal. They worked really well with my text books helped me get an a*.I think thats good enough evidence that it is a fabulous book.
on 31 October 2013
This was recommended by one of my students who also had a second hand copy. I love the idea of it being a recycled library book which makes it all the more significant.
on 21 September 2014