5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to keep handy
Published on 8 July 2009 by Terrific Teacher

1.0 out of 5 stars introduction to children's verse
this book is a perfect introduction to classic children's poetry. it is suitable for children as young as 4 and will be a treasured volume for many years to come.
Published 17 months ago by estelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to keep handy, 8 July 2009
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
As a teacher I found this book valuable to have handy. It contains several short poems that can be used to fill a few spare minutes in the day. It has many classic poems such as Allan Ahlberg's 'Please Mrs Butler', Spike Milligan's 'On the Ning Nang Nong', Lewis Carroll's 'Jabberwocky' and Edward Lear's 'The Owl and the Pussy-Cat'. Fantastic book to make sure children are introduced to a range of timeless poems.

5.0 out of 5 stars all my yesterdays, 3 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
This book was just what I was looking for when my four year old daughter started to show an interest in rhymes and poems. I found myself desperately fishing around my increasingly feeble memory for more than just a couple of lines of fondly remembered poems from my childhood. The added bonus of this book is that there is an index of first lines so you can find poems even if you can't remember their titles. There really is something for everyone here, from the old traditional favourites like 'The Owl and The Pussycat' right up to date with modern poems. If like me you were brought up on a diet of Ogden Nash and Spike Milligan, then you may have missed the delights of Benjamin Zephaniah's 'Talking Turkeys!' up until now. I have thoroughly enjoyed re-visiting my childhood, sharing my daughter's new experiences and making some real new discoveries myself along the way. Can't recommend this anthology highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars good poetic starting point, 14 Mar 2011
S. SALTER (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
My kids are 2 and 0 and I thought we would slowly learn poems from this book. So far it has been a great success and my 2 yr old can fill in the gaps when we sing the Ning Nang Nong and tiddley pom. As they grow I'm hoping we can build our repertoire to more complex poems - this is a good collection with plenty of wit and charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
Really good introduction to poetry for Reception and year 1 aged children in my opinion . My daughter really enjoys me reading it to her at bed-time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 6 July 2011
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
Brilliant ! I've been reading this to my daughter for a while now & she loves the poems more each day. She knows many of them by heart now & I'm sure she'll reminisce when she's older, just like I'm doing now !! Classics never fade...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book of poetry for adults and children alike., 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
Loved this book and so did the kids. A really great compilation of poetry for children with many favourite authors.

1.0 out of 5 stars introduction to children's verse, 22 Nov 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok...., 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
I bought this as a present for a third birthday, it's ok and has lots of lovely poems but on reflection for this age group a book with a bit more colour and pictures would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems (Hardcover)
It's a book, I like it, and service was good. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY. ARGG ARGG. iT'S A FLIPPIN BOOK!!

ARRAY(0xb51e2f60)

The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems
The Nation's Favourite Children's Poems by Spike Milligan (Hardcover - 4 Oct 2001)
7.69