4.0 out of 5 stars The house at Pooh Ciorner, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Winnie-the-Pooh: The Collection (BBC Radio Collection) (Audio CD)
I purchased this to give to my granchildren to listen to on a long car journey.
Havng my self listened to it when it was first available .
I am happy to say that everyone from age 11 years to 50 years plus found it a delight.
The humour splendidly captured by Alan Bennet's droll reading, lighthearted,
whimsical and relaxing. Try it - I am sure you will enjoy discovering great characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Bennett - Perfect, 15 Jun 2010
A. J. W. Tungate "Anton" (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Alan Bennett is so good reading Winnie the Pooh stories that I cannot imagine anyone else supplying such a beautiful rendering. His characterisation of Pooh, Piglet, Eyore, etc. . . is masterful and entertaining. My children and grandchildren have heard them and love the stories too. "Winnie the Pooh" and also "The house at Pooh Corner" are perfect. They are so good that my wife and I still listen to them on car journeys and occasionally at home. Alan Bennett makes the characters come alive. I've not heard "A party for Pooh" but if Alan Bennett is reading the stories then I'm sure I can guarantee enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars We used to listen to this in the car as ..., 26 Sep 2014
M. Fielder - See all my reviews
We used to listen to this in the car as children and now I have my own children I want to continue the magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars dont poo poo pooh, 9 July 2009
I. Byrne "piranah" (uk) - See all my reviews
fabulous to have pooh read to you with such an effort by alan bennett, havent got past the second story yet keep falling asleep. LOL

Winnie-the-Pooh: The Collection (BBC Radio Collection)
Winnie-the-Pooh: The Collection (BBC Radio Collection) by A. A. Milne (Audio CD - 5 Aug 2002)