Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 August 2009
I completely love all the William books, and wondered how they would translate to audio. William is, after all, a deeply special character and the wrong reading voice could be catastrophic...

I needn't have worried: Martin Jarvis is the PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT choice. He manages to give each of the characters a distinct voice and even manages to ENHANCE their characters. These audio CDs are a delight - I love to listen to them when I'm in the car and have even converted several passengers - children and adults alike - to the joys of Richmal Crompton's world of William.

These recordings are a complete joy - if you love William, you'll love these, I promise.
on 8 January 2011
If you haven't heard of the Just William series, have children of five and upwards or like top quality light comedy, then I suggest you take a punt and try one of these CDs. It doesn't really matter which one, all that I have tried are uniformly good. They are perfect for car journeys, and unusually bear re-listening many times.

For those unacquainted with these British gems they are a loose equivalent of 'Petit Nicolas', and are just as good (which is saying something).
on 2 July 2014