Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 February 2009
An excellent item, very good value and will provide my Father with a lot of enjoyment listening to one of his faviourite poets.
on 4 October 2009
I bought this CD for my wife, who is a Pam Ayres fan, and I don't think I could have bought anything better ( except a Rod Stewart CD).I have listened to it myself, and it is funny. Where she gets the ideas from I don't know, and how much is "true life for her" I can only guess. It's not all poems, and is a mix of stories told in her wonderful accent. I think we will buy more of her CD's, and will look out for her DVD's as well.
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2012
Pam Ayres personifies feminism in the 21st century. She is sexy and witty. She tells us so many times in her comedy routines. This is good clean humour with some dirt thrown in, from a comic genius who is under rated world wide just because of her accent. She may sound like a country bumpkin but her poems are very clever. It amazes me how she thinks up such funny conversations. She portrays pathos very well too. She has a unique niche in comedy circles because her stories are hilarious, very accessible and very human. Her warmth is like the sun shining as she tells her wonderful tales and poems.
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2013
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Really love Pam Ayers' work. This is so funny and shows that her incredible talent for making us laugh, through verse, has only increased as time has passed. Her poetry is so beautifully observant and comical. I was literally rolling on the floor gasping for breath when I heard " I was standing by the Cow"!
If you are already a fan you'll need no encouragement to buy this. If you're not familiar with her work, buy this and you'll be a fan for life.
Like one of the other reviewers I have been listening to Pam Ayres since she started and I had not realised it was so long ago. I do not find Pam Ayres comedy old fashioned rather observational and of her age which means she tends to remain contemporary for her age. I do find Pam Ayres quite unique and that is good because others tend to follow a trend which really isn't that good or clever. What is special about Pam Ayres is her delivery and hence timing and the interactions between her and the other actors. I think the selection of Geoffrey Whitehead and Felicity Montagu adds to the show and the combined writings that they deliver make each episode a joy. I can only look forward to the next series and its release by AudioGo. This is a must have for Pam Ayres fans and for those who enjoy quirky comedy...
on 20 May 2013
This completes my set - now have 1 - 2 - 3 and 4. Each of them is brilliant. Such a lovely listen, a good laugh and made special with her own special way of relating stories with that wonderful accent! xx
on 10 January 2011
If you like Pam Ayers' brand of humour you'll love this. There's a couple or three tracks of repetition from other CDs but this is well worth the money.
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Contained herein are four radio shows from Pam Ayres' latest series for Radio 4. Based around the these of the seasons, they contain reminiscences, poetry and sketches (sketches are aided and abetted by the smooth urbane tones of Geoffrey Whitehead). The poetry is up to Pam's usual standard, hitting my funny bone full on, but the sketches left me a little cold, lacking in a certain amount of oomph.

Two episodes per disc on two discs, in a fold out single sized jewel case. Liner notes are down to the BBC's usual terrible standard in this area.

In all 4 stars. There was a bit of what felt like padding, but enough comedy gold in the poetry to save it.
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2013
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been a fan of Pam Ayres all of my adult life. I used to own several records of her poetry.

This recording shows she has not lost her touch, still making me smile.

When the other 'artists' were talking however, it was sometimes a bit dull.

The poems were great thogh, timing perfect as usual.
VINE VOICEon 29 January 2013
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Pam Ayres may have an association with an older generation, but her poetic wit, her Somerset accent and her humorous insight into everyday affairs make her `good listening' to all age groups.

What I am trying to say is that this 2 hours of CD material (four shows, themed on the four seasons), is just good listening. You will hear no swear words, although there may be a little innuendo, but there will be no machine gun fire or brutal murder; this is just good wholesome family entertainment.

You will hear vast swathes of loaded adjectives used like a semi-automatic weapon. Ayres fires off her amazing descriptions and metaphors and under the pounding hail of her language you will collapse under the sound of your own laughter.

Her poems will not disappoint, with the usual range of weird and wonderful subjects often reflecting on her early life.

Her regular crowd of supporters are with her: Felicity Montagu and Geoffrey Whitehead. Their voices are rich in timbre and add a flow of richness that makes this CD a real experience.

This CD will give you a good laugh and leave you feeling hopeful about the day!