5.0 out of 5 stars mary berry simple cakes
This book is really easy to follow.I already have most of the ingredients that are used throughout the book in the store cupboard,even my children can follow the recipes with ease. I have not made all the cakes yet but look forward to trying.Simple Cakes
Published on 29 April 2009 by Mrs. P. H. Griffield

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but too similar to Ultimate cake book
Mary Berrys cook books are great.This one is a good book but I would recommend buying Ultimate cake book by Mary Berry instead.Nearly every single recepie was duplicated. This book has much less in it and Ultimate is far better with the same and many more cake recepies.I would say buy that one instead-it is a much bigger and better book on cakes.
Published on 26 Dec. 2006 by Ms. L. Bell

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious simple recipes, 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
I've baked four of the cakes so far and they've all turned out well. The recipes are really easy to follow. I would recommend this book to anyone new to baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply delicious, 5 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
I needed another cookery book like a hole in the head, but this makes life much simpler! All the best cake recipes in one place! As a professional home economist, I can fully recommend this book for its straightforward instructions and foolproof recipes. Perhaps I can now get rid of the myriad note books and odd scraps of paper I have with recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent baking book, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
I bought this book to add to my collection of cookery books. What I like about this one is for one Mary Berry's, who is well known for her no nonsense baking and two, the recipes are easy to follow and foolproof. I would recommend this book to any beginner, as a gift or just to add to your collection for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAKES GALORE, 23 July 2010
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
Having been recommended this book by my Niece my wife who is a superb cook normally has however for many years has been the butt of many jokes regarding her cake making abilities or lack of, i can confirm she can now make the most wonderful cakes and we are now even more frequent vistors to our gym. If you read this book and follow the instructions i believe you can not fail, HIGHLY RECOMMEND

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, except for the Banoffee pie recipe.., 23 Oct. 2010
Jo (Cheltenham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
My daughter starting following these recipes when she was just 14! She managed to prepare them easily on her own and they taste amazing! Although the only fault with it is that the recipe for Banoffee pie is VERY rich and VERY sweet. I am a sweet tooth but it was so sickly I couldn't even eat more then a spoonful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry - Simple Cakes, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
Mary Berry is my wife's favourite writer of cake recipes. She is clear, precise and very easy to follow. Her new book is beautifully presented but most of all easy to follow, good for beginners and more experienced bakers (perhaps even me!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry - Simple Cakes Book, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
I bought the 'Simple Cakes' book from Amazon for my wife as it was 'highly recommended' by my daughter, she loves it!
A great value book, fast delivery - and recipies for some very nice cakes! Would definitely recommended to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Kindle Edition)
What a great cook book, recipes have all turned out fantastic and the all in one method is so easy. Never had Victoria sponges rise so well. Good clear instructions can't praise it enough. Mary Berry is a must have in your kitchen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Duplication,duplication!, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Kindle Edition)
I've used Mary Berry recipes for years and was looking for a few new ideas.However,I was disappointed to find that I already have most of these recipes in another book.This should be made clear in the description!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cake Book Ever, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Simple Cakes (Paperback)
I bought this years ago and then more recently as a present for a friend. Every recipe I have made from the book is fantastic, they are the best cakes I have ever tasted, even if I say so myself, and everyone who eats one of the cakes from this book comments on how great they are, you just can't go wrong. I've had so many requests for recipes, hence why I've started buying it as a gift for others. The Death by Chocolate cake is made every time a birthday comes up in our family and there is never a crumb left. Buy it, you won't regret it, although your waistline may suffer unless you can exercise some control!

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

Simple Cakes
Simple Cakes by Mary Berry (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2006)
Used & New from: £7.68