4.0 out of 5 stars A real winter warmer
Just as the summer is fading into distant memory, the nights are drawing in and we have months of dark, wet and cold in front of us I pick this book out of my bookcase. The selection of warming stews, soups and casseroles reminds me that all is not lost. The photographs are inviting and I remember that winter is all about good food, roaring fires and mulled wine...
Published on 6 May 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Received
Sorry never tried one recipe , don't like cooking, but I am sure it must be good, but I just
Published 4 months ago by Kirkeval3

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A real winter warmer, 6 May 2004
By A Customer
True to Delia's style, the recipes are easy to follow and the ingredients are readily available. I can recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia's Best, 14 Nov 2005
C. J. Stewart "cjsredwine" (London) - See all my reviews
This book and it's wonderful chef re-invigorated the Lime industry with these recipes. That aside, this is a brilliant cookery book. Beautifully illustrated of course but then most cookery books are these days. What sets Delia apart is that her recipes work and you don't need to be a Michelin trained chef to complete them.
She has great tips on where to buy ingredients and utensils.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lovely book, with excellent vegetarian recipes too, 1 April 2000
By A Customer
This book is lovely, I can't wait to start using it. As a Brit now living in the US, I find the bad name that British food has, especially with Americans, to be wrong. This book and others by Delia show that our cooking can stand up there with any others. Rock on, Delia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinner Party Success!, 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: Delia's Winter Collection (Paperback)
Needed a pre-Christmas dinner party recipe to impress. Prompt delivery of Delia's Winter Collection made it a success with Venison in Port & Ale. So many other nice recipes that we will be trying another at New Year. Lovely seasonal inspriation. Bought as paperback version rather than hardback but wanted cost saving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to brighten bleak winter days, 2 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This inspired collection features sophisticated home cooking that will satisfy the heartiest of cold-weather appetites. In addition to tried-and-true British classics updated for today's tastes, it offers many dishes that reflect the enticing and varied flavours of France, Italy, Spain, California, the Caribbean, India, and the Orient. Whether you are a kitchen novice or an experienced cook, you will find this solid, trustworthy volume a welcome addition to your bookshelf.
Also recommended: "Recipes and Remembrances from an Eastern Mediterranean Kitchen", by Sonia Uvezian. This definitive guide is a must for lovers of Mediterranean food! Not only does it contain fascinating text and highly original recipes, it is the first cookbook to document the important contributions British writers who lived and travelled in the Levant have made to enhance our understanding of the region's cuisine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I' m surprised, 23 Nov 2008
Victoria (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delia's Winter Collection (Paperback)
there are no reviews for this wonderful book. I live in the U.S. and use this book all the time. Admittedly, I spent a lot of time in England growing up as my mother was English, but I do give this book as a present to many of my American friends because it's a favorite of mine, and I can be certain they don't already have it.

One recipe I make often is from this book, meatball goulash. I have always made it the exact way specified with ground (minced) beef and ground (minced) pork until recently when I first substituted ground (minced) dark meat chicken for the beef and pork and the next time substituted ground (minced) veal for the beef and pork, and the results were spectacular both times.

I highly recommend this lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful cookbook, 16 April 2013
Kate.Tudor (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Delia's Winter Collection (Paperback)
This is my favourite of Delia's cookery books. She is usually pretty reliable when it comes to her recipes working, but she has combined it this time with some classic recipes that I make again and again - I even get requests for dishes from this cook book when friends come to visit.

So the top re-requested recipes:-

1. Pork braised in cider - from the classic casseroles section. This is lovely served with mashed potatoes and green beans. Better still you can
make it ahead of time and freeze it.

2. Salmon coullibiac - was our Good Friday supper this year. Crisp pastry, melting salmon and rice. The pastry is rich, so I just serve this with peas.
And hollandaise sauce with lemon - not that it really needs it.

3. Venison sausage casserole - dark and rich. And very filling.

All three are pretty straightforward and its easy to follow the instructions and get something eminently edible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia Smith Winter Collection, 28 Jan 2013
I purchased this book to replace my much loved, much tattered and splattered copy which I have used for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Follow, 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: Delia's Winter Collection (Paperback)
I have personally owned this book for quite a few years, delicious recipes and so easy to follow instructions, which Delia is known for!
Recently purchased a copy from Amazon to send to my dauaghter in law for her birthday she has already tried several recipes, especially loved the Pumpkin Soup. Would greatly recommend this edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars delia's winter collection, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Delia's Winter Collection (Paperback)
delia as always good recipes and if you follow her instructions you will get great results she is still the best cookery writer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Delia's Winter Collection
Delia's Winter Collection by Delia Smith (Paperback - 7 Oct 2004)