5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and inspiring book
Published on 5 Mar 2005 by Jason

2.0 out of 5 stars Very patchy & mixed quality!
Some of the pictures in this book are supurb, others are rank amateurish and very disappointing. I really expected more overall.
Published on 4 Mar 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and inspiring book, 5 Mar 2005
Jason (Shrewsbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unforgettable Things to do Before you Die (Unforgettable... Before You Die) (Paperback)
What a wonderful look at our planet, it is full of so many gorgeous pictures from some of the world's most beautiful and wild places that it makes me want to pack my job in right now. I particularly enjoyed the Mongolia chapter, who would have thought you could do such things as Ghengis khan warrior training and live in a ger! The dog sledding in Sweden is lovely too, the husky dogs sound like a lot of fun and the snowy forests and hills look superb. I can see why they enjoyed the hot sauna afterwards though, it must have been chilly out sledding.
I thought before buying it that it was really just a photo book (and it would be well worth getting even if it was...the images are fantastic) but they have managed to capture a real essence of these places in words too. I've been fortunate enough to have done a couple of the trips with my wife, the amphitheatre opera in Verona, though we saw La Traviata not Aida, and a boat trip on the Nile river in Egypt and can vouch for the wonderful memories, feelings, sounds and colours stirred up again by the authors skilfully chosen words. I'm always looking for ways to escape from the daily grind of my work and this book has managed to do that for me without me even having to book any flights! Really great stuff and a wonderful collection of trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to inspire and delight, 11 Mar 2005
Mel (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
Wow! What an awesome book. The outstanding photographs drew me in, leading me straight to the heart of the places that these lucky authors have visited. Then the carefully chosen words opened up the soul of those places, while convincing me that I, too, could savour the same experiences.
The authors have managed to achieve a comfortable balance between relaxing and more adventurous trips, and this book will have huge appeal to a wide range of readers, from all generations and walks of life. Even if you never get to do any of the trips, the book will be a source of travel dreams for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of that next great adventure, 12 Feb 2005
Keith Byrne (Kendal, Cumbria Great Britain) - See all my reviews
If you're thinking about breaking the mould from the traditional package holidays and want something a little more "out of this world" then this book is like throwing a six to get your dreams started.
It's packed with amazing photography that will certainly inspire you. This isn't an indepth review of each destination, this is your starting point for inspiration in so many ways.
The perfect gift if you're trying to drop a subtle hint to your other half.
Forget munro bagging, start bagging some of these amazing places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable photography with inspirational travel, 15 Feb 2005
If you dive into this book you will come up with some real gems. The authors clearly have a wealth of experience and this shines through particularly in the spectacular photography.
The succinct descriptions are able to further evoke the senses and give clear pointers to the 'unforgettable' experiences we all search for. Surely a must have book for astute travellers looking for a springboard to something special.
Even for those who are unlikely to take up the physical challenge this book shows travel photography at its best. In fact I will have to buy another copy because my mum liked the book so much she is using my copy to inspire her painting hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable things to do before you die, 7 Mar 2005
Pete (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
What a fantasic & inspirational book. The photography is stunning and the text is just right to get the imagination going, without being a sales brochure. It has provided a great reference for my partner and I to plan a couple of trips in the next few months. In fact, so insipred by the Valley Blanche, we're off there next week to give it a go. 1 down 39 to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, 6 Feb 2013
This was bought as a present but had a sneaky look at it and found it was wll written and was ideal for the couple who we bought it for as they like to travel alot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable Things to do, 7 Feb 2005
GreatInspiring book. Terrific photos, makes me want to get out there right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 22 Dec 2009
What a beautiful source of inspiration! An excellent gift for a wide variety of individuals.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very patchy & mixed quality!, 4 Mar 2005
By A Customer

Unforgettable Things to do Before you Die (Unforgettable... Before You Die)