5.0 out of 5 stars Talk Italian
After reading many reviews - I chose this course and I certainly made the right choice. I have loaded the CDs onto my Mpeg 3 player and listen to them every morning on my way to work. As a complete novice to Italian, I now feel really confident about ordering wine and a meal (obviously the most important requirements). Easy to listen to and learn with no need to...
Published on 14 Jun 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Consider your learning style before buying
The only reason I bought this product was really because it was cheaper than the Michel Thomas course. But this course is very much the traditional 'listen, repeat.' format and I really don't find that works for me. I also planned to listen to the CD while driving for work as I often spend hours at a time in the car, but because the course works in conjunction with the...
Published on 4 July 2012 by C. WATT

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars I tried to learn Italian., 25 Mar 2014
Hawk (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
I had an Italian Girlfriend, so I thought I would start to learn the language. The cds where easy to listen to and the book helped with the words. But I got dumped by the Italian Girlfriend so....yip I stopped. That girl does not know what she's missing. Im a catch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Highly recommend this book and C.D. set!!, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
This has been a fantastic book and C.D. set and made learning Italian quite fun as well as effective. It is a well thought through programme and is very good value for money too.
I was able to listen to the CD's on my way to and from work, which was a good use of my time. The book is small enough to go in my bag and pull out anytime I was waiting somewhere, like at the dentist's office or such like!
This system fits in well to my busy schedule and has been really enjoyable for me. There are also on-line resources for free that you can download/print off - adding to the learning opportunities.
I can now get by on rudimentary Italian for most situations that I will encounter on holiday there- and I apparently have developed a good accent!
I would recommend anyone keen on Italian to get the double set, with the following book and 2 CD's as it is an even cheaper option to buy them together. I am now going to order the second book and carry on with my learning!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for revision, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
I bought this to rehearse what I had learnt in a short course. By playing the cd in the car it has helped to drum words and phrases into my head. The book is more of a booklet as it is quite thin, I wouldn't have purchased the booklet on it's own but together with the cd it's useful.

The talking on the cds is at a normal speed, not slowed down. This is good to get used to but I thought for those people learning purely from the book and cds it can make it difficult picking up the pronunciation of some words.

At £7 it was very reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars so good i'm gonna get the spanish one, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
i bought this course 2 years ago when i was going to Rome with friends (i knew no italian), used it again prior to going into the mountains near naples where the locals speak no english, and i managed to talk with the locals about all sorts of things including football, infact my italian was better than my hosts (he'd been married to an italian and visiting italy for many years!) its just so logical. i'm off to spain in 8 weeks time so i'm about to buy the spanish one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice, 25 Mar 2011
As a fluent Italian speaker and teacher of Italian I highly recommend this course book and accompanying cassettes. Unilike the usual ones which cover more of the intricacies of Italian grammar this one aims at providing a good basic and working knowledge of situation Italian indispensible for tourism or business.
Very 'user friendly' as a teaching book or for self study.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money, 28 Oct 2011
Linda Young "little welsh girl" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
The tutor for our italian night class said we needed this for our course. He had been using the same course material for the last 5 years and due to the ease of use would continue to. The course is very easy to follow and definitely worth the money ... it's £15 in the shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
Just starting out with Italian, and it's very helpful giving you a solid basis in terms of vocab, grammar and pronouciation. Highly reccomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk Italian, 10 Aug 2009
David Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
An excellent introduction to the language which you can use on your own, but is probably better as a class. It sticks to the basics and is quick and easy to use, the two discs can be used on their own in the car or wherever, the book poroviding back up. I would recommend this with its companion, Talk 2, and the Michelle Thomas Italian discs to get you going with Italian. Talk and Talk 2 will provide the vocabulary building, while the Michelle Thomas the structure (or grammar).

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn Italian from scratch.Easy to follow and CDs to help you with the pronunciation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Conversational Italian, 9 Jun 2009
This review is from: Talk Italian (Paperback)
I have been listening to the 1st CD in the car on my way to and from work for 3 weeks now and I have just completed it. I now feel confident that I can both speak and understand basic conversational Italian related to the areas covered in CD 1. My understanding of the use of masculine and feminine nouns etc was aided by my previous study of French, which has similar rules to Italian, and while this is not regularly described specifically, it is frequently exemplified.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Talk Italian
Talk Italian by Alwena Lamping (Paperback - 8 Feb 2006)
Usually dispatched within 10 to 14 days