on 25 April 2013
Bought this to use on a U3A course. It is very good for absolute beginners. It won't bog you down in grammar but you will have to work hard learning the vocabulary. The cd tracks are excellent for listening to Spanish spoken by spaniards but they do talk very quickly in the little scenarios created to test your understanding of the "key phrases" which are spoken more slowly. In a group going quite slowly I have found the course very good but without the support of the group meeting once a week and the teacher giving additional help I may have lost motivation. Recently went to Spain (which I love) and used a few words and phrases which were understood!
on 19 July 2009
This book is perfect for absolute beginners, CD helps you to practise listening. I have used this book in my spanish course and found this really helpful. Short exercises, a bit of grammar, lots of useful phrases; you don't need more to get started with spanish.
on 18 February 2011

I bought this pack as it was the one my Spanish tutor was using when I took a short course. I found it excellent to follow and it certainly gave an idea of the speed of the language which, for me, was one of the difficult aspects of learning it. The book follows along with the CD's and has a logical-order feel to it. I uploaded the discs to iTunes so was able to take it pretty much anywhere with me, which was a real bonus.

I would definitely recommend this book for anyone learning from scratch.
on 23 February 2010
I find the book and cd both very good, only the music between the talking on the cd gets irritating after a while.
on 26 July 2013
enjoyed reading the book and felt I learnt quite a bit from it but found audio to fast for me
on 28 August 2011
This is a very good informative easy-to-understand introduction to basic Spanish.The book is very good and so too are the two CD's.I would highly recommend this item to anyone starting to learn Spanish.For beginners,it is excellent.
on 16 October 2012
This is a good book and discs, but I feel that you wouldn't be able to manage unless you are having lessons with a teacher knowing Spanish. I am taking a beginners course, and still find some of it hard to follow!!!
on 1 November 2011
Talk Spanish is easy to use and is very useful with a spanish course.
Anyone going on holiday to spain will find this course ideal for the beginner.
It has made me consider taking my Spanish to a higher level.
on 27 November 2012
Good for beginners. Wish that ALL the exercises were on the CDs. Sometimes the Spanish speakers gabble, which makes it difficult for a beginner, but you'd probably be gabbled at in Spain anyway!
on 24 February 2009
Bought this as part of a beginers Spanish course at my local college and its proved very good. Speach on the tape is a little quick, but so are the spanish in real life.