4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use Italian
Published on 26 Feb 2009 by RetiredStudent

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor way to learn the language
The CDs came with out a book. I bought it with a view to learning some basic phrases in Italian, however without an English phrase to compare to the Italian one, there is no way we can follow what is being said. There are better language CDs on the market which explain the way the phrases are made up, tenses etc.
Published 6 months ago by EbandFlo

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use Italian, 26 Feb 2009
This review is from: Buongiorno Italia!: Language Pack: Audio CD Pack (Audio CD)
As I recently retired and although I began to learn Italian from the older version years ago I decided that as I now have more time to spare it would be nice to take up the language again. So I bought this updated version on CD and listen to it on my PC whilst writing Emails etc.. I have also copied it to my IPod, so now I can listen and learn whenever I want. Verdict - A brilliant, easy to learn production.Buongiorno Italia!: Language Pack: Audio CD Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars entertains while educates, 10 Feb 2012
Philip Herring "vaslav" (soudley, UK) - See all my reviews
Having completed one beginner's course, I was expecting to romp through this but I was pleasantly surprised that I still had a lot to learn from this one and advanced through it at a leisurely pace. A commendable feature is the great number of substantial dialogues on twenty every day and relevant topics,spoken in authentic situations. Each chapter concludes with a useful vocabulary and grammar section and a number of entertaining tests. The whole book is attractively laid out, using different fonts, photographs and colour. There are interesting sections on Italian life and culture for prospective visitors and tourists, written in English. Four occasions are offered for revision and consolidation. However, what really pleased me were the four opportunities for extended reading which gave me a real feel for how the language worked. I was very encouraged to find that I was able to understand far more than I was expecting. At the back of the book there is advice on pronunciation and an excellent and manageable summary of the grammar, including a life-saving resume of when to use the prepositions: a, da, di, and in! Altogether a refreshing and enjoyable course even for students who have got some of the basics.

4.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 7 Nov 2010
When used in conjunction with the book Buongiorno Italia the cd's are very helpful with pronunciation

4.0 out of 5 stars Buongiorno Italia!: Language Pack: Audio CD Pack, 26 Jun 2009
M. Emin Tarim "Old Days" (Istanbul, Turkey) - See all my reviews
I am a working man and I have learned quite a lot by listening to These CD's in my spare times. I found it very useful for those who wish to learn Italian, but cannot attend a course, provided that they should have the basic elements of Italian language in the first place, and they will of listening repeatedly. I found this BBC product very helpful. Thank you

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor way to learn the language, 2 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as expected, 16 Jun 2013
You have to have the course book too. The CD progresses very quickly and although with the book it is OK not much good on its own i.e. in the car or situations where you want to use the CD on its own. I had expected more opportunity to interact with the CD and there was some but not nearly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Teaching Guide ...., 10 May 2013
Had already bought the Hand Book and wasn't making much progress .... Getting the set of CD'S was the turning point in learning the language .... Would definitely recommend using the Hand Book and CD'S together .... So much easier ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to learn the very basics, 8 Feb 2013
Pamela Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
These CDs are very good. I originally bought the cassettes and book, and I could have bought the CDs, so was lucky to still find them. Although it's extremely good, it's still very important to learn the grammar, in case you need to alter a phrase or sentence etc. The only thing missing is exercises on the actual grammar. It's important to look in the back of the book for all the grammar rules. However, I listened to these CDs on the way to and from work and when I last went to Italy, I remembered most of the phrases. I also read the book for 30 minutes every night before going to bed - the best way to remember anything!

I would highly recommend the CDs - also buy the book if you can still find it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Structured for success, 2 Oct 2012
This is a good guide in learning Italian, it needs to work with the course book, so combined they make a great learning tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 24 Feb 2012
M. A. Russell - See all my reviews
Bought these with the book to update an earlier version. Wanted to refresh my memory and finish the course that I didnt finish at nightclass 10 years earlier. These are helpful both in understanding the written word and invaluable for pronunciation. If you are learning alone the CD's make you feel supported and you can talk back to them - you dont get an answer though! If in doubt take my tip, buy them.

Buongiorno Italia!: Language Pack: Audio CD Pack
Buongiorno Italia!: Language Pack: Audio CD Pack by francesco vitetta (Audio CD - 4 Aug 2005)
14.27