5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful
I bought this book as I am currently learning German and this is the main book they use in class.
It has great exercises and I would definitely recommend getting the one with the CD's rather than just the book. You will regret it if you don't
Published 17 months ago by Rachel

3.0 out of 5 stars fun and aimed at adults
I agree with some of the comments made already, but I just wanted to add a few of my own.
- There are very few Business German coursebooks around, and while it is 13 years old, I have not found a better one for adults learning German from scratch in a business context. (I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows of one!)
- When my teenage daughter was off school...
Published on 11 Jun 2009 by A. Organ

3.0 out of 5 stars fun and aimed at adults, 11 Jun 2009
A. Organ (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deutsch Plus Language Pack with CDs: Language Pack with Compact Discs (Paperback)
- When my teenage daughter was off school with a bug, she watched the whole series avidly in one day & was totally gripped by Nico's story. So it strikes me that if a teenager finds it appealing and accessible, that's a big plus point - and it goes for adults too. Any drawbacks regarding grammar and vocab can be accommodated by the teacher, if you are using it as part of a taught course, though I can see that if you were trying to learn it on your own you might find it hard to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 6 Mar 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Deutsche plus, 13 July 2008
Mr. Ian Dukes - See all my reviews
This is probably the worse course book I have ever seen. The audio bounces around the chapters so it is very difficult to follow the audio. They introduce new words without giving examples to whether it is der die or das. For all you teachers out there, this may seem quite adequate (as most teachers seem to have an elitist attitude), but for us students this is a real pain in the rear! You have to keep referring to the glossary, which really takes the fun out of learning German. As all you are really learning is now to navigate the glossary efficiently. Well, as you can imagine, by the fifth time of flipping to the glossary you're getting bored and you end up wondering off to do something more interesting. Save your money and buy the Michel Thomas CD's...

Another little excellent course is Talk German. Just make sure you buy the version with the CD's and not just the book. It's a bit basic if you already have an understanding of the language but it's a fun book all the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deutsch Plus language Pack, 28 Sep 2013
Arrived promptly in excellent condition and represents excellent value for money. The CDs make understanding the text both easy and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent course, 14 Jun 2013
I recorded the television programmes years ago and didn't think I'd be able to get the course books and CD's. I was pleasantly surprised to find I could. The TV story is excellent and you want to keep watching to find out what happens to Nico. The course book is good for someone like me who is revising German learned at school. Have enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good learner, 27 Dec 2012
I am trying to learning German. This is a good basic book and CD. I was instructed to buy this for my course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deutsch Plus, 8 Nov 2012
This is an excellent package to use with a German evening class.
The text book is clear and interesting. The CDs give lots of practical oral support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 2 Nov 2012
The book is just awesome! there is no need to worry about the complications of grammar or word geneder ... the communicative approach used to design this book engages you in meaningful contexts that makes learning German enjoyable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Deutsch Plus, 7 Nov 2011
I wanted Deutsch Plus and its CDs because I am studying German at an Adult Education course where this book is used.
Early days yet but the book and CDs look very promising - many examples of social conversation items and I'm looking forward to learning lots.
The book and CD arrived very swiftly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 Oct 2011
Mrs. Js Judd "flat racer" (essex,england) - See all my reviews
an excellent way to learn german.ive tried other language courses and this is the best so far.very very good mmmmmbbbb

Deutsch Plus Language Pack with CDs: Language Pack with Compact Discs