5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Convenient and Portable
This is cool. The entire two seasons of the Original Hitchhikers radio series on 1 CD in MP3 format.
I transferred it to my portable MP3 player and can take it anywhere i go.
The radio series are great, if you haven't heard i really suggest you do.
Published on 29 April 2003 by CHRIS J GREGORY

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing :o(
Please DON'T buy this MP3 version - the audio quality is so poor that it detracts from the story. I find it incredible that this has been released (I've tried playing it on a PC with 50 speed drive/MP3 compatible CD player and MP3 compatible DVD player). All produced continuous clicks and pops and the CD has the worst chapter structure I have ever come across.
It...
Published on 18 Feb. 2004 by Ian D. Shepherd

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing :o(, 18 Feb. 2004
This review is from: The Complete Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy (BBC MP3 CD Audio) (Audio CD)
It would have made much more sense to produce each episode as a single MP3 file.
DO NOT ECONOMISE - buy the CD audio version - you have been warned!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality transfer, terrible file naming, 6 May 2005
C. A. Chambers "hobbit_feet" (Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
I can only concur with those who found fault in the technical aspects of this release. I too have the constant clicks and the annoying track breaks. Now that I know it's not just me, I'm considering what to do about it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio quality, 10 Sept. 2003
Viet-tam Luu "part-time race car fabricator" (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The MP3 audio is encoded at a reasonable 160kbps. However, either something was wrong with their audio master or the encoding process, because the MP3 audio files are littered with frequent crackles and pops (about one per second on average). I managed to create better quality MP3s by playing the original audio cassettes into my computer and running the result through audio processing software to remove the tape hiss--and even those weren't to my satisfaction.
I'm now ordering the full-CD version in hopes that the quality will be better...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Convenient and Portable, 29 April 2003
CHRIS J GREGORY (Selangor Darul Ehsan, Subang Jaya Malaysia) - See all my reviews
I transferred it to my portable MP3 player and can take it anywhere i go.
The radio series are great, if you haven't heard i really suggest you do.
The second disk that comes with it is split into a documentary narrated by the Original 'Book' Peter Jones and is a good background on the hitchhikers show.
The second part of this is an interview with DA.
All in All a great buy and loads of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential guide to travel, 5 July 2003
When I first heard this on the BBC some years ago I had two young children and badly needed some escapism. Listening to the programme again recently made me laugh as much as I did the first time. I am now buying this for my partner for his 42nd birthday as 42 is, of course, the answer to life, the universe and everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things to come out of a humans head!, 16 Feb. 2004
By A Customer
I am only 13/14 and I have already been gripped by the phenomenon that is the Hitchhiker's guide. I bought the video's and both radio collections within a month of reading the book. When I realised that they were selling audio C.D's including both series', I got annoyed realising that I had wasted a fair amount of money on two seperate items. It could only take the brain of God to realise that putting the ultimate chronology of events into a single item to save money and time was a good idea. BUY IT NOW, MORTALS!

The Complete Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy (BBC MP3 CD Audio)
The Complete Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy (BBC MP3 CD Audio) by Douglas Adams (Audio CD - 7 April 2003)
Used & New from: £12.06