5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Prozac
I bought this book at a Mother's Day present to myself - well my rotten family wouldn't have! I couldn't stop laughing - everything was so true and well observed. Judith Holder is absolutely brilliant - I now know I'm not going mad - thankyou!
Desperate Housewive
Published on 18 May 2005 by Mrs. Cl Church

2.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy Old Women
Really looked forward to a good chuckle - unfortunately this book left me disappointed. Some amusing moments but generally long-winded and dull.
Published on 12 Mar 2009 by D. Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Prozac, 18 May 2005
Desperate Housewive

5.0 out of 5 stars Far from Grumpy!, 21 Jun 2006
D. Walker "non fiction reader only" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Paperback)
Took this book on holiday, people thought I was weird, laughing out aloud all the time. There are so many similarities to all the things that bug me, and when you realise you're not the only one they affect, it makes it all the funnier. Would definitely recommend for age 30's plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Feb 2006
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Hardcover)
Starting reading the book and just couldn't put it down! I took it to bed and was laughing out loud well into the early hours. (that pleased my husband when he was trying to sleep!)
I found myself agreeing with most of the observations and comments - and I thought I was the only one who felt like this!
Buy it for yourself - or for a friend who needs cheering up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 30 Sep 2007
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Paperback)
At first I thought this book would be interesting to middle-aged and older women, but then looked inside and was charmed. Although I am only 29, I laughed my way through the whole book. It's full of "that's so true" moments, and the authors manage to tell it all in a funny, self-deprecating manner. I recommend it to every woman out there, regardless of her age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Proud To Be Grumpy, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Paperback)
Any woman over 30 will recognise herself in many of the hilarious observations in this book. I laughed so much that my husband 'borrowed' it out of curiosity. . . and now says he understands me about 75% better. Not before time - we've only been married 40 years for goodness sakes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy Old Women, 1 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Hardcover)
the book is a real hoot - plenty of chuckles, and moments of recognition, plus really nice illustrations and some useful advice too

4.0 out of 5 stars So true..!, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Kindle Edition)
I have only read 1/2 the book so far, but so much makes me smile and think " yep so true!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book which made me Laugh out Loud!, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Paperback)
This book is very funny indeed. I am in my late 50s and it struck a familiar chord with me on just about every page. It made me laugh out loud on the train but this book was such a tonic I really didn't mind what anyone thought. Every woman of a certain age should read it plus anyone who wants to understand what women of a certain age are thinking and feeling. A great read and worth every penny! And brilliant as an inexpensive gift to brighten up any friend's day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for anybody who's a fan!, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Paperback)
I love Grumpy Old Women, as does my mum, so I got this for her as a birthday present. It's just like reading a transcript of the show. A brilliantly entertaining and humorous read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy Old Women, 28 April 2010
This review is from: Grumpy Old Women (Hardcover)
This book "found me" in a French Book Exchange and it is the most hilarious book for our modern age. It is so full of truths, it should be updated annually and prescribed to all women on the NHS. It would prevent much of their stress and we could all relax without keeping having to keep up the pretence! Also let the men read it too.

Grumpy Old Women
Grumpy Old Women by Judith Holder (Paperback - 4 May 2006)