5.0 out of 5 stars Can I praise it enough?, 25 April 2007
M. Wilkinson (Portsmouth, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Portfolio 16 (Hardcover)
I reviewed the 15th book in this wonderful series which as you should know brings in the absolute best wildlife photography taken anywhere in the world for that year, even still only a tiny handful actually are selected to appear in the book and each year another 160 page volume comes out and what amazing pictures they truly are.

I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that the photographers of the world as they grow in number (thanks to the growing number of digital snappers which I have to count myself among) the bar is being raised. The standard of work goes up in every volume of BBC wildlife photographer of the year.

I will make the same small reservation I did with the last volume, the lack of comments from judges is slightly disconcerting given that they appeared in BBC wildlife magazine but nevertheless the images are so gorgeous you simply won't care.

A wonderful book merely as a visual treat and of course as inspiration to go do your own wildlife shooting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Piccies!, 15 Dec 2009
I love these books. The photos are amazing and they get me inspired to go out and use my camera or book another holiday. There are loads of pictures that I'd love to have larger prints of and hang them on my wall!

They are well worth 5 stars and definitely worth the money but.... Why do they have to have a photo spreading over 2 pages? You cannot appretiate them nearly enough. I would much prefer a bigger book or slightly smaller pictures. This won't stop me buying the rest of the books in the series and next years one when it comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Portfolio 16, 24 Mar 2013
This Fantastic book is a collection of best photos in the world. I recommend the book , don't miss that

5.0 out of 5 stars pictures, 4 Jan 2013
G. I. Forbes (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This book is the 2006 compendium of the best wildlife photographs of the year . The competition is run by the Natural History Museum and BBC Wildife magazine while being sponsored by Shell.
All the winners,runners up and highly commendad are illustrated from mulltiple categories that include thr Durrell and Hoskings prizes.
The majority of the pictures are first class but a few do not deserve the acolade they were awarded.
A book well worth getting and it is good to see the high standard of production is maintained.

5.0 out of 5 stars the whole collection is worth to have !, 16 Jun 2010
Pascale M (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
superb, as for all the collection.
Many photos are fantastic, some are inspiring, don't miss that !

Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Portfolio 16
Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Portfolio 16 by Rosamund Kidman Cox (Hardcover - 26 Oct 2006)
Used & New from: 13.71