Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 April 2010
I purchased this book as I wanted to have some more of the traditional pudding recipes. It has not been a dissapointment,it has plenty of the old fashioned recipes that i wanted [queen of puddings, traditional lemon meringue pie.. etc] plus a good selection of the not so old fashioned recipes too [Gooseberry creme fraiche tart. Vanilla cream terrine with raspberries and blackcurrant coulis...etc]. Each recipe has at least 1 colour picture to show what the end result should look like and every step is so clearly explained by Delia that you really cant go wrong. I like all the tips that Delia gives as she goes along. I'm very happy with my purchase, it's what i wanted and expected and there are a lot of recipes in it that i'll use regularly.
on 23 August 2009
Yet another good one from Delia. I was only lacking three books from her various collections and I am delighted with this one. I know she has duplicated some of the recipes because they're in her other books, but it's good to have them all in one book and there are new recipes too. She never lets her readers down! Can't wait to start experimenting - Yum, Yum!!
on 15 December 2008
This is the first Delia book I have bought, and as a fan I did expect the recipes to be a bit more exciting!
It has got all the classics like banofee pie, and apple crumble, rhubarb trifle, bread and butter pudding etc. Must admit the creme caramel is now a family favourite.
The collection just seems a bit dated.
on 11 October 2008
A very ordinary collection of average recipes. Contains a few classics but nothing to inspire. I bought Gordon Ramseys pudding book at the same time and it knocks the spots of this.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 February 2016
Delia is a well known and respected cook. Her books are a delight to read and offer some food for thought! Cosmetically the book looks very elegant within the other Delia books in this collection. The collection looks very posh alongside my other cookbooks. Easy to navigate around the book.

There are 4 chapters:
1. pies, crumbles and cobblers including key lime pie, orange & rhubarb meringue pie, english gooseberry cobbler, and a mincemeat and apple Jalousie.
2. steamed and baked puddings including queen of puddings, spotted dick, steamed raisin pudding with port wine sauce, variations on bread and butter pudding, apple and orange crunch, sticky gingerbread puddings and old fashioned rice pudding.
3. tarts, cheesecakes and pancakes including deep lemon tart, banoffee cheescake, tarte tatin, linzertorte, buttermilk pancakes, apricot gallettes, and gooseberry creme fraiche tart.
4. creams, jellies, fruit and meringues including coffee cappucino creams with a sweet toffee sauce, rhubarb trifle, apricot hazelnut meringue, summer fruits compote, creme caramel, summer pudding and gooseberry yoghurt fool.
It also has an index.
on 23 March 2016
Delia's book was easy to follow; even if you have not much experience at cooking. I shall be buying more from the set and even getting some for my daughter, as she has not long left home. I find reading from her book very easy to follow, you feel you could achieve with good results. although i am a reasonable cook, I still get some cookery books and it is written in a way that put me off, seeming to be too difficult and to long to make. hope you give some of her books a go, they are great to make and always easy to understand and follow.
I bought mine from World of Books Ltd. and it arrived very quickly and it only cost 1p and postage. it said it was used but had not even been opened. I have bought books from them in the past and always have a great service and quality books.
on 14 November 2013
I purchased this book as a present, and the recipient was absolutely delighted with it. I have practically every Delia Smith book printed so I was confident this one would be to the same high standard. She is the best cook of the lot!
on 5 November 2014
An Excellent book on the subject. Recomended.
on 10 March 2014
More great things to try.I have not fount anyone's recipes so good and easy to follow. Book like new smashing.
on 27 November 2015
This book is in amazing condition. Well laid out and lovely recipes I am looking forward to trying. I still think she takes some beating.