on 22 December 2003
The always noteable thing about Gary Rhodes is that he loves food and his recipes more than prove that. So often now in our supermarkets we can buy most foods most of the time, now here we have a cookery book that has seasons and that tells us what ingredients should be at their best and what we can do with them. How great to be getting back to using foods when they are in their natural season.
The book is well laid out in seasonal order starting in March and gives a range of recipes for vegetables, fish, meat and fruit and puddings for each month. Each recipe is preceeded with a short section on the ingredients used within.
There are mouth watering recipes such as Bacon-fried scallops with late cabbage or early greens;Bacon and sherry raisin pate (which I have made for Christmas)and Baked plum pudding
The photographs are great although personally I like to see a photo for each recipe, I still think this book is brilliant. It has been added to my extensive Gary Rhodes collection.
on 6 October 2011
As an avid cook and collector of cookery books(50 plus!!!!)I must say that i used to dismiss Mr Rhodes as a run of the mill celebrity chef,how wrong can anyone be!This has to be one of the most concise and informative cookery books i've had the pleasure of owning.The recipes are explained in such detail,even the most complicated dish comes across as something we could all achieve excellent results in. I take my hat off to Mr Rhodes,my collection is about to grow that little bit more,and Mr Rhodes will have his own section.
on 16 October 2013
The book is good and shows how great Gary was although he seems to have disappeared from our screens. His new British classics was a brilliant book as well so recommend going and looking at that if you like his cooking style.
on 29 April 2013
I had used and loved GR's book of Summer recipes and this is incorporated into this "year round" volume. His recipes are clear and easy to follow. One of the favourites on my cookery bookshelf.
on 26 November 2014
Does exactly what it is supposed to do!
on 17 December 2015
good book full of excellent recipes