5.0 out of 5 stars Hurray for Seasons
Published on 22 Dec 2003 by P. Gore

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book very worn copy described as good
The book is good just have a problem with the company selling it as used but in good condition. If work pages, dust jacket missing, spine ripped and worn and stains all over it is good condition I would dread to think what the acceptable copies are like. So all in all company at fault would not recommend them at all.
Published 6 months ago by Ron

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurray for Seasons, 22 Dec 2003
P. Gore "pjgbear" (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Cookery Year with Over 300 Seasonal Recipes (Hardcover)
The always noteable thing about Gary Rhodes is that he loves food and his recipes more than prove that. So often now in our supermarkets we can buy most foods most of the time, now here we have a cookery book that has seasons and that tells us what ingredients should be at their best and what we can do with them. How great to be getting back to using foods when they are in their natural season.
The book is well laid out in seasonal order starting in March and gives a range of recipes for vegetables, fish, meat and fruit and puddings for each month. Each recipe is preceeded with a short section on the ingredients used within.
There are mouth watering recipes such as Bacon-fried scallops with late cabbage or early greens;Bacon and sherry raisin pate (which I have made for Christmas)and Baked plum pudding
The photographs are great although personally I like to see a photo for each recipe, I still think this book is brilliant. It has been added to my extensive Gary Rhodes collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterwork, 29 April 2013
Peter Jay "petjay" (London) - See all my reviews
I had used and loved GR's book of Summer recipes and this is incorporated into this "year round" volume. His recipes are clear and easy to follow. One of the favourites on my cookery bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary Rhodes,what a star, 6 Oct 2011
As an avid cook and collector of cookery books(50 plus!!!!)I must say that i used to dismiss Mr Rhodes as a run of the mill celebrity chef,how wrong can anyone be!This has to be one of the most concise and informative cookery books i've had the pleasure of owning.The recipes are explained in such detail,even the most complicated dish comes across as something we could all achieve excellent results in. I take my hat off to Mr Rhodes,my collection is about to grow that little bit more,and Mr Rhodes will have his own section.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book very worn copy described as good, 16 Oct 2013

ARRAY(0xa99e1bdc)

The Complete Cookery Year with Over 300 Seasonal Recipes
The Complete Cookery Year with Over 300 Seasonal Recipes by Gary Rhodes (Hardcover - 16 Oct 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01