5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever
Published on 1 Sep 2009 by SJM

1.0 out of 5 stars Nations favourite food
I bought this book because of Jo Pratt, her other 2 books are excellent. This one must have followed a TV programme, and I am sorry but I didn't really enjoy it as I have done with her other books.
Published on 13 Nov 2012 by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Food (Cookery) (Hardcover)
This is my favourite cookbook of all time!! We've made at least two thirds of the recipes in here, and they're all fantastic. Jo Pratt is amazing. It's such a great reference (good-housekeeping-like!) for all the classics, many of which are offered with a sophisticated twist. The sweet and sour chicken in here comes out like what you always imagined sweet and sour chicken could be but never quite achieved. Perfect beer batter for your cod. Stir fries gallore. Great Lamb Rogan Josh--the list goes on and on!! Quite a few veggie options (if that's your bag) and veggie variations on some of the staples, too. (Including an absolutely superb take on bolognese.) I cannot recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 12 Oct 2009
Eccles (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Food (Cookery) (Hardcover)
Bought this after finding it in local library and realised it was full of solid recipes that I always wanted - Christmas recipes in particular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well recommended, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Food (Cookery) (Hardcover)
It is extremely well written. Unlike many popular cheffy books in which you find a bare bones recipe along with a glossy picture, Jo' Pratt's recipes are often innovative. Also due to the diligent efforts of Christine Hall and James Haynes it is packed with variations on the main themes and abounds with a multitude of relevant tips. I am an accomplished cook but found lots to stimulate my interest. Well recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nations favourite food, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Nation's Favourite Food (Cookery) (Hardcover)

The Nation's Favourite Food (Cookery)
The Nation's Favourite Food (Cookery) by Hayes (Hardcover - 13 Mar 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01