5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one low-fat recipe book, buy this one
This book has been my bible for the last six months - used so often that it is almost worn out. If it starts to fall apart I will definitely buy another. I have tried the majority of recipes in the book, some so often that I can now cook them without referring to the page. All have been tasty, some outstandingly so. Thanks largly to this book I have lost 4 stone in weight...
Published on 10 Feb 2005 by R. Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the adventurous cook
I like my food, and I like making new and adventurous things, and this just didn't cut it for me. Most of the recipes are boring, and I have tried before, I liked a few of them, but had I looked through the book before buying, I would not have bought it.

I was looking for an exciting low fat cookery book, this just isn't exciting enough for me, it did not have...
Published on 19 April 2010 by V. Brummer

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe, 9 Jan 2009
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
It's hard to believe some of the things you are able to eat when on a diet! This is my favourite low fat cooking book EVER. Cheap and cheerful and easy to use. You'll be amazed at how simple and tasty the recipes are, and how much of the stuff you already have in your cupboards. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, the lad in the house loves it!, 26 Feb 2009
Han DJ (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
My fiance who is, to say the least, a bit of a mummy's boy (well fed to the point of bursting and yet the fussiest eater ever) is currently sat reading this book listing all of the things he will eat! It's worth mentioning that he is not a fan of health food. The main courses, particularly the meat and seafood dishes, look absolutely scrumptious. I'm a pasta-fiend myself and cannot wait to try them all out.

This book is one in the rising trend of diet but don't starve style books, which is really the only diet that can have lasting results in my opinion. I thoroughly recommend this book and also recommend Cook Yourself Thin: Quick and Easy as a companion to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipe book, 25 Feb 2009
A. Towler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
I brought this recently after we decided to eat more healthily. There are good photos of each dish which is useful so you can tell what it is supposed to look like!. The instructions are easy to follow and so far I have been pleased with the results. The only thing that I can point out is that the times for both preparing and cooking the meal tend to be a bit on the high side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 1 July 2009
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
Having bought a couple of other books in this series I had no hesitation buying again. The recipes are straight forward with no complicated ingredients to buy that you've never heard of and the end result is always really tasty!
I particularly like that they list the calorific value of every dish too. All round a great little book that's worth a buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great recipe book, 25 Jan 2009
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
This is a fantastic recipe book if you enjoy your food but want to eat healthily and lose some weight. In fact, I would cook many of the dishes if I was not on a diet. The recipes are simple to follow and the ones that I have tried have been delicious. I have never enjoyed healthy/diet food as much, and yes combined with some exercise, the weight is coming off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 30 Jun 2009
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
The whole 101 range is a big hit with my family - we started with the one pot recipes and spread out! This one has a few duplicates of recipes from other books, but there are plenty of originals that you'll only find here and the books are so cheap, you don't mind so much.

As ever, their recipes are simple, step-by-step that can be adapted by the more experienced cooks, but kept to by those of us (like me) who struggle to boil a spud! Pictures in the book are usually pretty accurate and there's a good guide to the sort of fat contents that you can expect so that you know where you are in your fat intake for the day.

Keeping fat to a minimum has always been the most successful way of dieting for me, so having this book is invaluable as it means I'm not living on a diet of rabbit food.

Everything tried has come out perfectly so far and it's good for families too - nicer to eat a low-fat meal that is quick and easy to prepare than chicken nuggets or frozen pizza.

If you're counting the calories, it's a must...you won't be disappointed and you may find yourself buying a few more of these little gems. The one-pot recipes are particularly good if you're looking for a 2nd one from the range...

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but not for fussy eaters!, 1 Oct 2010
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
I must admit i have been using this recipe book for 3 days now and already lost 3 pounds? Im not overweight ive just gone a bit rounder round the edges! This book helps me in the fact that dinner was my biggest downfall where i would eat the most calories out of all my meals i have had that day but there are only a few that i actually like, so if you are fussy like me then you may not like this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, easy to follow and doesn't cost a fortune?? Is that possible??, 11 Mar 2009
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
This compact book is ideal for the health conscious eater. It contains a wide variety of recipes, for all sorts of dishes - from meat and poultry to fish and vegetarian options. It also lists the nutritional content of each dish.
What I particularly like about this book is that it uses ingredients that most people have in their food cupboards, or are easily available from the supermarket - none of your 'truffle butter with essence of moon dust' here!!
The book also has great pictures of the final dishes, and also contains handy tips for each recipe. On the whole, I found this book an absolutely brilliant find - easy to follow, delicious recipes that don't cost the earth!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine Eating!!, 8 Sep 2009
Markie "marx1977" (hereandthere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
Wow!! With usually needing a passport to travel from my living room to the kitchen with it being like another land to me I was more than impressed with this cheeky little gem of a book. After buying the book for my wife as she wanted it for the healthy eating angle I was called into action when she was a bit ill recently and was amazed how simple the recipes were to make. From toad in the hole to cider chicken to guilt free sticky toffee puds it covers all bases in our household. The amazing thing is, although the recipes are low fat you would never have guessed as the ones I have made so far have all been oozing taste and flavour. Well done Good Food magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid, 1 Mar 2010
This review is from: Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) (Paperback)
I have bought four of these books so far, friends keep asking how I have managed to lose weight and this book is the way to go, so I send them the book. Even my husband loves the meals and doesnt even realise they are helping him lose weight and be healthier.

I recommend it to everyone, its a little gem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food)
Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food) by Good Homes Magazine (Paperback - 5 Jun 2003)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available