on 14 November 2012
Perhaps I was expecting too much for this price. Quite a few recipes are just for pasta sauces, and many airily finish with "rice or Naan to serve" or "crusty bread to serve" without giving any indication of quantities or calories, so you've still got to work out the total calories. It just seems lazy not even to include some sort of guideline for average calories and portions for potatoes / rice etc in the introduction.
on 2 December 2015
Great book filled with budget friendly healthy meals.
on 14 September 2010
I was surprised when this book came as it's tiny. Being 5'3 I know good things come in small packages so decided to have a flick through.

I can honestly say this book is really dated and reminds me of some of the naff recipes in my Mum's cooking books from the 1970's.

I agree with one of the other posters who said if I would have looked through it in a store I would have never purchased it. I am also stunned it has got such glowing reviews. Definitely not for the adventurous cook, full of cop half fat this and half fat that but loaded with sugars (so not low fat at all)

The word FEASTS is the biggest lie this book has to offer. I mean a piece of ham on rye bread and mustard is not a feast and I am really not that incompetent that I don;t know how to make and open sandwich. Talk about patronising! I need a low fat cook book because I LOVE to eat and cook. I do not need advice on how to make sandwiches and basic salads!

Worst low fat cookery book ever! Not one recipe I would bother trying.

Will be sending this back.
on 1 October 2014
Loved this book and have made some of the recipes
on 27 March 2009
Easy to follow recipes which are quick and tasty. A little cooking knowledge is needed as some of the recipes need tinkering a little.. for example, the falafels are better fried in a small amount of oil (they become crispier) than grilled; when grilled they are more like houmous.
on 26 June 2008
be aware that some of recipes have a lot of added sugar. Not good if you're on any kind of diet!
on 20 December 2014
Fast delivery, excellent, recommended A+++++
on 11 September 2014
Happy buyer, arrived on time, does the job
on 31 July 2014
It is just the book I've been looking for.
on 20 August 2014
Good ideas for those cutting down on fat