5.0 out of 5 stars The best family cake book
I've bought a lot of baking books and after buying this one I wish I hadn't bothered with any others. It is by far and away the most reliable and useful cake book I have ever used - in particular I found it a much better buy than Leith's enormous Baking Bible. There are sections on chocolate cakes, meringues, traybakes, celebration cakes, cheesecakes, scones and...
Published on 29 Sept. 2010 by Caterina

3.0 out of 5 stars enough recipes but not enough pictures
If you are a person who needs to see what the final product looks like to get the mouth watering, to make you choose that recipe and to know that it has come out correctly, this book is not for you. Only about one third of recipes have matching pictures but if you can get pass that, it's a great book with a range of sweet treats that will suit everybody.
Published on 30 Jun. 2009 by Chii Chii

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 433 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Most used cookery book, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes (Paperback)
This was a present for a friend who is always asking for my cake recipes. I use mine more than any other cookery book as the recipes are not fussy and are reliable working out well every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cakes galore and easy to make., 6 Mar. 2010
Mrs. P. Barber "patsy's view" (Norfolk, England.) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book several years ago and foolishly lent it to someone who never returned it. Since then I have hardly bothered to make a cake. Recently I fancied having another go and recalled what a good book this is so I bought another second hand copy. It immediately inspired me to start baking. I've already made the best Carrot cake I've ever tasted, chocolate walnut brownies to die for and the easiest of flapjacks. I even made a Lemon Meringue Pie from scratch with great results. The recipes are so easy to follow, clearly presented with loads of lovely coloured photos. Anyone can make great cakes (large and small), not to mention biscuits, puddings, scones, meringues and traybakes. It's all you need for delicious baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Simple, 16 Dec. 2002
By A Customer
Never baked before, no equipment, no technique, no knowledge .. Several cakes later and many more to go this book has provided only success with much scope for the next endeavour ..
From rich fruit cakes through to biscuits and desserts - if you want a book to be your cake bible - this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy baker, 3 Oct. 2012
I needed another baking book, so i could vary the cakes i make now. This book is just what i was looking for. It is excellent!!!! Have tried many of the recipes already, with great sucess. The best book i have ever purchased, by far. So easy to follow recipes. Thank you Mary Berry!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cakes, 3 Mar. 2004
I had a copy of this book which i lent to a friend she then lost it i used it so much that i couldnt function in the kitchen without it. So i bought a 2nd copy everyone i bake for always ask for certain cakes crunchy top lemon cake its so simple but really tasty. This book has cake,bicuits for bakers on every level and so easy to follow and very tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest cake book ever!!!!, 10 Mar. 2012
I read the other reviews and thought I would order this book,I was not disappointed. I am an alright baker and wanted some different ideas & receipes. Since getting this book I have made several cakes and cookies and they have turned out great every time,the receipes are straight forward & easy. Everything tastes and looks fantastic so much so my son & his friends are always in the cake and cookie tin to see what I have made next. Well worth the money and would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 7 Dec. 2012
This book is very good for the novice like myself. The recipies that i have tried are very well explained and fool proof. I have'nt tried baking since i was a child and Mary Berry has made the instructions simple to follow and the results whilst still a little a wobbly looking are lovely. Will have to be careful or I will end up a couple of sizes larger.
Would highly recommend this book to anyone from a novice or someone more experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy any other baking book!, 13 July 2012
I'd never baked anything without burning it before discovering Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book at the age of 39. I'm now 40 and yesterday made a cake using her Victoria Sandwich recipe, which has just one first prize in the Victoria Sandwich category at my daughter's primary school's Olympic/Jubilee show. The honey and banana teabread is also delicious. Her all-in-one method for a lot of her cakes takes the stress and complexity out of baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary berry, 11 Nov. 2012
I love mary berry amd have her original 'fast cakes' book. Some of the recipes in this book are in tne fast cakes book, but there are also some new ones, so im quite happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 27 Jun. 2007
I can't cook or bake so I'm not sure if that makes me the best or the worst critic for a cook book. However, my Mum is a brilliant cook but not so great baking. She visited my Aunt and borrowed this book from her. The book has never been returned and I have bought my own copy. Basically what I'm trying to say is that these recipes are foolproof (and thats straight from this fools mouth!). If you do as she says you get a professional looking (and more importantly..tasting) result. I'm back here today to see which other MAry Berry book I'll try next.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 433 | Next ›