5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and useful book
I have most of Delia's book but this is the first book from "the Delia Collection" that I have read and used.

Firstly it is a beautiful book to look at. The cover, photography and very easy to follow recipes.

Published on 19 April 2006 by C. Speirs

3.0 out of 5 stars The Delia Collection - Baking
A good book and on can always rely on Delia Smith's recipes to be accurate and tasty. I purchased this book a little late as I have most of the recipes in other books I have collected by this wonderful cook and author.
Published 14 months ago by Anne Marie Kemp

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and useful book, 19 April 2006
C. Speirs "A cooking fanatic" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)

Secondly the recipes are stunning. Some of them I have baked before from her other books but just using this book is a pleasure so I use it for even familiar recipes. All of them have been well received.

Thirdly, even though the majority of the recipes are in previous books, it is a very handy to have the best of her baking recipes in one volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results and easy to follow, 18 Feb 2006
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
When I bought this book a few months ago I was a total novice cake chef; using Delia's fool proof recipes I have learnt how to make a variety of cakes and tray bakes. The recipes are laid out in a completely consistent fashion so you always know what temperature to preheat the oven to and what size tin you need to prepare at a quick glance; and Delia is very good at giving excellent hints and tips on the way through - how to measure out treacle without needing a full body wash for instance! There is at least one picture of every cake, so you know what you're aiming for; I've cooked most of them and have yet to find a single recipe in this book which isn't well received. Whether you're a beginner looking for guidance or a seasoned pro looking for some exciting ideas to broaden your repertoire, I would recommend this beautiful bargain book to you!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Delia Collection, Puddings, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
My book shelves are now groaning with Delia's books, but I am delighted to have this one. Such good cakes - and whenever I make one of the recipes there is never so much as a crumb left over! The recipes never fail but, then, Delia does indeed know her stuff. An excellent read too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia and Baking, 22 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
Another wonderful cookbook from Delia Smith which is suitable for novice and experienced cooks alike. Easy to follow recipes and good photos of the finished cakes etc. I have been baking for over 40 years but was thrilled to discover new recipes which I haven't tried before and feel confident that everything will turn out beautifully as Delia's recipes always do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia's Baking, 4 Sep 2011
D. M. Brennan - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
Excellent book - worth buying just for the Old Fashioned Cherry cake recipe, which is so moreish. Would highly recommend book

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, no frills, simple to follow recipes. Great., 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
The pictures of the cakes are simply beautiful, especially the coconut cake and the lemon curd cake (cover). Instructions are simple and easy to follow. I would have liked many more cake recipes and less of the cookies and brownies but, in fairness, it is after all a baking book and must cater for all. I agree with one of the other reviews that it should have a dust cover.
Overall a lovely book. I rate it at 4.5 because it is rather a thin book for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia really does deliver., 25 April 2014
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
While other younger celebrity come & go. Delian often is our default position. The one we refer to when other chefs books no. longer makes senses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Yummy Recipes!!, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
Wanted this book as had only part of a recipe for coconut layer cake from an old magazine. Full of mouthwatering recipes and as would be expected simple & clear instructions.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Delia Collection - Baking, 17 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete set, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Delia Collection: Baking (Hardcover)
I now how the complete set and I have loads of cook books but I always go back to these. Simple but great dishes

The Delia Collection: Baking
The Delia Collection: Baking by Delia Smith (Hardcover - 8 Sep 2005)
9.09