Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 March 2004
Having bought the first four books in The Delia Collection last year, I was delighted to see the latest edition to this series was 'Italian' (being a total Italian food addict!). Yes I have got some of the recipes in other Delia cookbooks, but it's an absolute luxury to have a really good selection of Italian recipes all in one place - thank you Delia! - this makes life a whole lot easier when you need a recipe pronto!
on 16 March 2004
It was difficult to rate this book. I've given it 2 stars because, as I already own a number of Delia Smith books, I already have most of the recipes which puts me off buying the other books in this series.
However, if you don't, it contains some great recipes for lovers of Italian food - I particularly like the one for spaghetti with olive oil, chilli and garlic.
on 1 June 2009
An excellent book and offering very easy but different recipes. You can 'cheat' a little too. If you like Italian food buy this and have a great time making wonderful food. Good excuse for a glass of chilled white wine whilst deciding which recipe to choose.
on 10 December 2012
Most of Delia's books are great, and this whole series is excellent, with some of my favourite Italian recipes being de-mystified and at last within my grasp!

All her books are well researched and the menus tested, and so are well presented and easily followed.

Excellent yet again!
on 3 January 2016
Always reliable, non patronising and helpful. Her recipes will never be bested as far as I am concerned. One of the few tv cooks that is worth the money spent making her programmes and producing her books.
on 16 November 2014
The book, as always, was beautifully photographed and laid out – a joy to behold. No new recipes though – all stuff I already have really, but I shall definitely try out her versions. I can't resist anything Italian so it's good to add to my collection. You can always be certain that Delia's recipes will work, no recipe disasters here I'm sure.
on 6 January 2010
I love Delia's recipes because they always work. I love the fact that she has done a book on Italian cooking only - you don't have to search through her other books (which I have a few of) if you want a particular Italian recipe. I wish I could afford all her books - except "Cheats!" I think her "How to Cook" series were plain enough for learner cooks
Boni Bromley
London
on 12 January 2013
Looks good and the contents are the usual high Delia standard - glossy pages and good illustrations. Whay else is there to say!
on 4 September 2012
This book was a present, so am unable to comment on contents, the person receiving the book seemed very happy to do so. Arrived in very good time and was well wrapped against damage
on 14 February 2015
disappointed with contents of book, outdated now, but fast delivery and as described by seller