4.0 out of 5 stars A good Doctor
I’ve just started reading the BBC 8th Doctor novels, so it’s taking me a bit to get used to the characters and pacing (compared to the Virgin new and missing adventures), but I found this work, by Martin Day well rounded.

Published 7 months ago by Michael Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't enjoy this substantial but rather grim novel
I didn't enjoy this substantial but rather grim novel,about horrible conmditions in an old physciatric hospital, not much of Dr who, although I have only managed half way through so far..
Published 10 months ago by W. Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Doctor, 14 Oct. 2014
Michael Clark (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews

It’s aimed at more mature readers and holds your interest without going over the top with swears and sex. The characters are solid and the 8th Doctor is pretty much as you’d like him to be, which is nice. The story is compelling and I actually cared about most of the characters - not something I could say about some of the other novels in the range.

4.0 out of 5 stars doctor who comes down to earth, 18 July 2006
Paul Tapner (poole dorset england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Doctor Who: The Sleep of Reason (Paperback)
After so many adventures on a cosmic scale in a never ending story arc, it's great to get a book set on earth in a small location with a small cast of characters. An admirable tightness of scale that the range has lacked for too long.

And this is a very well written volume with it. Focusing on the human characters and how they perceive the doctor and his friends this has some very good characterisation and reads like a decent novel in it's own right.

It's not quite perfect as when the monster finally comes on stage at the end it's a very dull creation, although the author has clearly worked hard to make it an interesting and original one.

But don't let that put you off. This is one of the best books in the range

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't enjoy this substantial but rather grim novel, 4 July 2014

Doctor Who: The Sleep of Reason
Doctor Who: The Sleep of Reason by Martin Day (Paperback - 2 Aug. 2004)
Used & New from: £31.74