4.0 out of 5 stars Much better!
Published on 7 April 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars I strugged desperately to finish it
Published on 21 Feb. 2012 by Book Critic

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better!, 7 April 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Doctor Who: Timeless (Mass Market Paperback)
Sense and reason have been missing from many of the recent Eighth Doctor novels. This is a big step in the right direction. Okay, the way Our Heroes return to "our" universe doesn't actually make sense, but that's the only plot-hole in a well-plotted book that tells an intriguing story, moves the sub-plots forward and provides some nice character pieces, especially for the Doctor and Fitz. Okay, it doesn't explain where Trix came from (have I missed a book somewhere along the line?), but that's forgivable and this is an adequate introduction to the new companion. Certainly a book worth reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars I strugged desperately to finish it, 21 Feb. 2012
Book Critic (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Doctor Who: Timeless (Mass Market Paperback)
I couldn't get into this at all and I couldn't even begin to tell you why. It had all the ingredients for a brilliant EDA yet seemed so dull. The story, whilst intriguing and full of interesting elements just didn't go anywhere. While the Doctor was, for a change, very well written - I could really hear Paul McGann's voice saying Steven Cole's words (which is sometimes a struggle), Anji and Fitz were weak, I thought, and Trix was just annoying. I couldn't engage with it at all and struggled terribly to finish it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, some answers�, 28 July 2003
Jane Aland (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Doctor Who: Timeless (Mass Market Paperback)
BBC Books 8th Doctor books have been mired recently in a muddled series of alternate universe stories, with a nebulous threat attempting to take over history hanging in the background for the last couple of years. The feeling of going nowhere seems to be lifting, as we finally get some answers to a number of unresolved plot-threads in Timeless (what Sabbaths plans are, who his employers are, the Doctors destruction of Gallifrey, resolving the paradox that led to the alternate universes co-exisitng, Anji's attempts to get home), and while not everything is resolved the series at least looks to be moving forward again instead of wandering in circles. Coupled with a decent tale of people jumping from alternate Earths's to the 'real' Earth, this is Stephen Cole's best book to date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 23 Oct. 2003
Daniel Adams (Haywards Heath, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who: Timeless (Mass Market Paperback)
I will keep this short and sweet. This is one of the best 8th Doctor books. It gets right into the action from the first page and gives you just enough of the story page by page to keep you hooked. I have found that some of the other 8th Doctor books take a life time to get into some action and hardcore Doctor Who, but this was fast and to the point. BUY IT.

Doctor Who: Timeless
Doctor Who: Timeless by Stephen Cole (Mass Market Paperback - 4 Aug. 2003)
Used & New from: £9.99