Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 May 2003
I first listened to Just William on a car journey to France and since then I have become hooked to these audio CDs. They are a perfect listen where ever you are and the stories are always very funny. In case you haven't read any Just William novels the basic plot of the tales follows William and his friends: Ginger, Henry and Douglas on adventures often resorting in trouble! There success lies in the excellent narrating of Richmal Crompton who is outstanding! If you have never heard these stories I urge you to buy one and you like me will become hooked! The stories are suitable for all ages so even adults will enjoy them!!!
33 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2011
I listen to these stories in bed before going to sleep, just could not stop laughing.
Will have to buy the complete set when I can
on 11 May 2003
on 17 January 2012
Each disc of this Just William cd holds several short stories, which makes it ideal for long and short car journies. It appeals to all ages. Timelessly entertaining.
on 7 May 2013
I had never heard of 'Just William' till I found a book in the charity shop and thought it would be something different for my son on the train, well it was so funny I had to find some of these wonderful stories in audio format.
William is a typical lad, mischievous and always up to something with his group of friends, even though the setting is a time older than me it doesn't make their adventures any less entertaining. Each story is about 20 minutes long so keeps my sons attention although I do worry about him getting ideas.
Great collection for all ages
on 8 December 2012
Pure entertainment for any age! Martin Jarvis is superb as William and all the other characters. We laughed at every story!
on 13 June 2013
I had expected this to be the first in the Just William series of stories, but it's a collection of later stories so there's no introduction to the wonderful characters, without which my son was a little confused! Still, it's brilliantly read and very funny and entertains us all on endless car journeys. I'm still trying to find the first stories though!
on 15 February 2015
My 12 year old (67) says its brilliant but he never read the books as a child, so everything is a wonder to him! I devoured the books as a youngster and couldn't get enough of them. If there was a waiting list in our local library there was nearly a siege!!!!
on 4 April 2013
A enjoyable light hearted CD extremely well produced and read by an accomplished actor making an worthwhile listening experience which is not too demanding.
on 8 January 2013
This product was received in excellent condition - just like new. I've listened to these almost non-stop and the family (of all ages) adores these stories.