4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining listen!
Published on 11 May 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars For use in car
My grandsons enjoyed this, but maybe found it a bit unlike the stories they're used to. Still a hit though.
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. Susan Adamson

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining listen!, 11 May 2003
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
I first listened to Just William on a car journey to France and since then I have become hooked to these audio CDs. They are a perfect listen where ever you are and the stories are always very funny. In case you haven't read any Just William novels the basic plot of the tales follows William and his friends: Ginger, Henry and Douglas on adventures often resorting in trouble! There success lies in the excellent narrating of Richmal Crompton who is outstanding! If you have never heard these stories I urge you to buy one and you like me will become hooked! The stories are suitable for all ages so even adults will enjoy them!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
I listen to these stories in bed before going to sleep, just could not stop laughing.
Will have to buy the complete set when I can

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining listen!, 11 May 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Just William, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
Each disc of this Just William cd holds several short stories, which makes it ideal for long and short car journies. It appeals to all ages. Timelessly entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars All children and adults should listen to Just William. ..., 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
All children and adults should listen to Just William. Shame about the misogyny inherent in the books but my ten year old daughter and I discussed this and she realises the stories were written in a different time. That aside, it is glorious to immerse oneself in in 20/30's middle class England (the first few books anyhow) with this mischievous roeg and his chums!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as ever, 10 May 2014
eliza doitall (worcestershire uk) - See all my reviews
What can I say.... who can fault this brilliant BBC CD

Once heard ...often repeated:o)

Would recommend to all William fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
Bought as a birthday gift for a Just William mad friend. It was so well received that she will probably get another Just William CD for Christmas!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not the first stories, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
I had expected this to be the first in the Just William series of stories, but it's a collection of later stories so there's no introduction to the wonderful characters, without which my son was a little confused! Still, it's brilliantly read and very funny and entertains us all on endless car journeys. I'm still trying to find the first stories though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheeky monkey, 7 May 2013
Trilliane (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
I had never heard of 'Just William' till I found a book in the charity shop and thought it would be something different for my son on the train, well it was so funny I had to find some of these wonderful stories in audio format.
William is a typical lad, mischievous and always up to something with his group of friends, even though the setting is a time older than me it doesn't make their adventures any less entertaining. Each story is about 20 minutes long so keeps my sons attention although I do worry about him getting ideas.
Great collection for all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD arrived as requested and was enjoyable to listen to. No complaints., 4 April 2013
This review is from: Just William (Audio CD)
A enjoyable light hearted CD extremely well produced and read by an accomplished actor making an worthwhile listening experience which is not too demanding.

Just William
Just William by Richmal Crompton (Audio CD - 2 April 2001)