4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining listen!
Published on 11 May 2003 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED!
THROUGHLY ENJOYED THE STORIES WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY AND WAS EXCITED AT LISTENING TO THIS AUDIO BOOK, BUT
I CANNOT LISTEN BECAUSE THE NARATORS VOICE IS DREADFUL.

SADLY DISAPPOINTED.
Published 1 month ago by Janette

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining listen!, 11 May 2003
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
I first listened to Just William on a car journey to France and since then I have become hooked to these audio CDs. They are a perfect listen where ever you are and the stories are always very funny. In case you haven't read any Just William novels the basic plot of the tales follows William and his friends: Ginger, Henry and Douglas on adventures often resorting in trouble! There success lies in the excellent narrating of Richmal Crompton who is outstanding! If you have never heard these stories I urge you to buy one and you like me will become hooked! The stories are suitable for all ages so even adults will enjoy them!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
I listen to these stories in bed before going to sleep, just could not stop laughing.
Will have to buy the complete set when I can

4.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining listen!, 11 May 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Just William, 17 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
Each disc of this Just William cd holds several short stories, which makes it ideal for long and short car journies. It appeals to all ages. Timelessly entertaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheeky monkey, 7 May 2013
Trilliane (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
I had never heard of 'Just William' till I found a book in the charity shop and thought it would be something different for my son on the train, well it was so funny I had to find some of these wonderful stories in audio format.
William is a typical lad, mischievous and always up to something with his group of friends, even though the setting is a time older than me it doesn't make their adventures any less entertaining. Each story is about 20 minutes long so keeps my sons attention although I do worry about him getting ideas.
Great collection for all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars Just William, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
Pure entertainment for any age! Martin Jarvis is superb as William and all the other characters. We laughed at every story!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not the first stories, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
I had expected this to be the first in the Just William series of stories, but it's a collection of later stories so there's no introduction to the wonderful characters, without which my son was a little confused! Still, it's brilliantly read and very funny and entertains us all on endless car journeys. I'm still trying to find the first stories though!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 12 year old (67) says its brilliant but he never read the books as a child, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
My 12 year old (67) says its brilliant but he never read the books as a child, so everything is a wonder to him! I devoured the books as a youngster and couldn't get enough of them. If there was a waiting list in our local library there was nearly a siege!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED!, 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
I CANNOT LISTEN BECAUSE THE NARATORS VOICE IS DREADFUL.

SADLY DISAPPOINTED.

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD arrived as requested and was enjoyable to listen to. No complaints., 4 April 2013
This review is from: Just William: Volume 1 (Audio CD)
A enjoyable light hearted CD extremely well produced and read by an accomplished actor making an worthwhile listening experience which is not too demanding.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Just William: Volume 1
Just William: Volume 1 by Richmal Crompton (Audio CD - 2 April 2001)