on 14 June 2002
This is a different type of thing! As Erlandson takes you by the hand and, like a prep school teacher, explains everything, so Ainsley explodes from the page with his contagious enthusiasm and you can almost hear his voice as you read his words! The photography is sensational in itself and the recipes are so simple to follow (and genuine- my wife is a hesitant Barbecuer, preferring to let me cook, but she has had no problems following Ainsley's instructions). Try saying Succulent Seared Scallops or Lazy Lemon Rubbed Steak without your mouth watering! It's fabulous, it's fun, it's summer and get those charcoals burning! Even if the summer turns out to be a damp squib most of these recipes work in a kitchen, especially with gas, so get this book in your collection! You'll thank me for this!
on 8 August 1999
This book is great! Ainsley's come up trumps once again with this fantastic barbeque book! The photo's are gorgeous (if not a few too many of the man himself -sorry Ainsley!). The recipe for cajun chicken is great especially when served on a balmy summers evening. Thanks Ainsley for spicing up my barbeques! No more boring beef-burgers and sausages for me!!!!
on 24 August 1999
As Ainsley says in his book, most of these recipies (not that I've tried them all - yet!) can be cooked indoors - or even barbied in the garage.
Just as well, 'cos living in the North East of Scotland we don't get many weather windows for barbecuing, but Ainsley to the rescue. Savour the flavour even if the sun doesn't shine! - try Jim's fire-glazed duck with fresh plum dipping sauce - yummy!
Smokin' hot - this book's a winner!
on 10 August 2013
Did I really write that? Oh dear.
The problem is that this book is written as he acts/speaks etc. so you really imagine you are with Ainsley cooking all those lovely dishes. Tried out 2 so far. Went okay, but that's my cooking. Can't wait to try the rest.
on 23 May 2000
I just bought this book, and I love it! It has wonderful recipes and entertaining pictures and lots of useful information. I can't wait to start up my grill, though, not that I would always have to. The recipes can be made indoors or out! Can't beat that! Thanks Ainsley!
on 26 September 2011
I was a little worried about ordering secondhand books in-case some pages was missing... i was well impressed as the book that came was in great condition, i will be ordering again so the prices are so cheap
on 8 August 2015
Wonderful easy to follow (and eat recipes) - Ainsley never fails to impress our family with his recipes, even better my partner's ability to produce WONDERFUL FOOD
on 23 February 2010
great book I had it before and lost in house move hence i had to buy another one.Great for anybody who loves barbaque's
on 14 October 2014
This is the best BBQ book ever