5.0 out of 5 stars Streets Ahead Rhodes, 15 April 2003
Lynne Johns (Finchley, London) - See all my reviews
I bought this book last week and have made 4 dishes so far. The Jaffa Cake Pudding is fabulous - so easy! The chicken liver pate is a doddle - only two steps - and the salmon fish cakes are only 3 steps - so quick and easy and utterly foolproof. I have since bought three more copies for presents for friends in Australia, San Francisco and New Zealand. I'm not giving them to girlfriends here - they can marvel at what an amazing cook I am!!! I do quite a lot of catering - especially roast dinners and puddings - at Finchley Cricket Club, and I am sure they will be very impressed! Thank you Gary!

4.0 out of 5 stars Short Cut Rhodes, 28 Jan 2004
being a busy mum of three and shortly returning to work after having my third child, it is smashing to find a cookery book that actually takes all this into account, coupled with the fact that the majority of us do not have access to the weird and wonderful ngredients used by so many chefs today - stuff you buy and then never use again. Thank you Gary Rhodes, for simple quick recipes that mean my family eat well and can enjoy their food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cooking for those of us with no time to cook!, 31 Dec 2000
By A Customer
A great book with interesting receipes for those of us with busy life and little time to cook. I was a "microwave" cook before reading this book, now I can combine my busy working and social life with some decent food. I can also stun my friends and family with my cooking skills! Thanks Gary for saving me from convenience food and microwave mania!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cooking experience, 10 Feb 2004
D. Simons "collectauctionamazon" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This is Gary Rhodes at his best in a book which combines his pure feeling for cookery and creativeness in a way that is easy to make and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoying cooking, 16 Feb 2001
My 11 years son had this book for Christmas present and he loves to cook with this book because it's so simply and inexpensive ingrediets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cook book, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Short-cut Rhodes (Hardcover)
Very easy, quick, and enjoyable recipe to follow that all the family will love to eat time after time and not get fed of them

5.0 out of 5 stars Souper Book!, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Short-cut Rhodes (Hardcover)
This is a very useful book for those who want to avail themselves of some interesting
recipes which can be prepared quickly and efficiently with minimum fuss.
Recommended by my sister and I am very glad she did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book!, 28 Dec 2009
I bought this purely for the Jaffa Cake Pudding recipe and have already cooked several meals based on recipes in the book. All the recipes are very easy to follow and then twists can be added to make them slightly different if you want - I'd definetly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick cooking, 22 Dec 2009
This review is from: Short-cut Rhodes (Hardcover)
Try the risotto - favourite w/e supper in our house now. Good ideas well explained.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fish and chip recipe, 8 Oct 2009
Traysi Smith (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I bought this little book as my mum had it and I loved the fish batter recipe. I use it all the time now and have also tried other recipes in the book, which have also been a success. It is really easy to follow.

Short-cut Rhodes
Short-cut Rhodes by Gary Rhodes (Hardcover - 1 May 1997)
Used & New from: 0.01