Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 November 2001
I've always been a fan of Pam Ayres- the way she reads her poetry has me crying with laughter. Her ingenius poem 'Oh I wish I'd looked after me teeth' is read with such hilarity that you just can't help but laugh. Every poem is wonderfully read and this tape is a fantastic bargain!
on 10 January 2011
If you like Pam Ayers' brand of humour you'll love this. There's a couple or three tracks of repetition from other CDs but this is well worth the money.
on 23 May 2013
Pam Ayres has a gentle way with words coupled with her wonderful Oxfordshire accent (not to be confused with an Oxford accent), this collection has some of her best poems read by the author as only she can. The humour behind most of them is sometimes poignant but mostly just funny and well worth lstening to over and over.
on 30 April 2013
Great - thank you, good purchase. Gift for Mother-in-law and she has already really enjoyed it. Something that can be listened to time and time again.
on 18 July 2013
I ordered this cd as a gift for my father and he is delighted with it. Cd was sent promptly, and well packaged.
on 28 July 2012
A superb collection of her famous poems. Who cannot smile at the simple but true humour. Great selection at a great price.
on 11 October 2010
I simply loved Pam Ayers' observational humour and wonderful delivery. She's a national treasure. It is wonderful stuff, and specially meaningful for baby boomers.
on 14 December 2010
Pam Ayres at her best, its very good to have the books she as done but to hear her voice put to her own poems is best. Well worth the money, if you love poems you will love this.
on 15 February 2013
I purchased this for my mother as a gift and she was very please indeed to receive it. A good collection of some of her favourites as read by Pam herself in her own inimitable style.
Since giving the CD to my Mother I have heard a few track myself and whilst not being a devotee of Ms Ayres I have to say they raised a few laughs and pauses for thought so possible a good place to start an appreciation of this poet.
Good Stuff.
on 26 August 2013
I am enjoying my Pam Ayres book f poems so much. TI first read her autobiography, ordered from Amazon, and then the poetry really meant something, as it came from all her experiences. She has such a great way of expressing her funny observations. The book was in good condition and arrived promptly as well.