on 26 February 2000
This is the first book I turn to when cooking meat! Sophie Grigson's recipes are simple yet delicious - try her Oxtail stew, for instance - and lift ordinary dishes to another level. Her explanations are clear, the range of recipes is second to none, and I would heartily recommend this book to anyone who loves meat!
on 14 February 2016
This is our "page-stuck-together" cookbook. We're using it so often for roasts (timings/weight) and all other matters of meat. Some of our families staple dishes, treats and comfort food have their origins here: Banger's and mash with red-wine sauce, vietnamese burgers, duck breast with plum sauce, pheasants with grape and walnuts... it goes on an on. We never had a recipe out of this book that didn't work for us. Our favourite cook book.
on 11 December 2010
I was given this book as a gift many years ago as a suprise. I never asked for it. Yet it is a book I will look at quite a few times through the year to find out what to do with different meats. I particularly return to it for how to cook game, fur or feather. Sophie's style of writing is simple, but knowledgeable & I like it.
Sadly I have never bought any of her others, but intend to do so. Like many people I have a large selection of cookery books, most of which gather dust, so it is a great compliment to food writers when we do bother to read them.
on 21 July 2010
If you eat meat and you like trying new recipes this book is for you. I was given a copy of it years ago as a birthday present and it is one of the most used cookbooks (and I have a lot). Divided into sections for each type of meat it's easy to browse for ideas for what to do with a piece of meat. There are recipes for whole joints of meat as well as smaller bits like sausages and offal. You won't regret buying it.
on 1 July 2013
A meat cooker's bible and must have for the newbie.

Everything you need to know to get confident with a big knife, or in front of the butcher. Even persuaded my wife to fillet a chicken.

Get one.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 October 2008
I have many cookery books, but return to this one again and again. I would rate this the best cookery book for meat. The recipes work and remind one that the old classics are delicious.
on 6 March 2011
Sophie Grigson's Meat Course (A Channel Four book)

A wonderful cookery book. Well illustrated and and informative. Recipes are well written, so each step can be followed to create the perfect dish.
on 11 January 2016
Mums favourite meat cookery book (and she has a huge collection) I simply had to get my own copy. Tried the chicken basmati recipe the other day which was outstanding.
on 13 April 2015
The condition was a bit dog eared but for price very acceptable.
on 5 February 2015
Arrived promptly and as described.