5.0 out of 5 stars It is an asset for successful Christmas dinners!
I always had 'phobias'about all the hassels and panic the Christmas preparations bring. Thanks to this book, I always feel safe that no one will be dissapointed with any of the dishes. Once you follow all the guidelines in this book, you will notice that it is so well explained that you will prepare an unforgettable Christmas dinner for all your guests, leaving them...
Published on 13 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 21 months ago by Cripdene

5.0 out of 5 stars Good taste, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Delia Smith's Christmas (Paperback)
Easy to follow instructions.End product tastes great what more do you need.Sent one to Florida to friends waiting to see what there verdict is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Dec 2012
This review is from: Delia Smith's Christmas (Paperback)
I have lots of Delia's books and got this one for Christmas dinner ideas. It is arranged by timeline, which I found confusing. There are a couple of stuffing recipes but only for inside the bird, so no cooking instructions if you want it separate. There are no starters and nothing exciting to do with the vegetables ... except parmesan parsnips but I really don't like the idea of parmesan with turkey! Not a book for dipping into to find an interesting recipe for Christmas dinner itself. Lots of other recipes, mostly full of fruit and booze. I made the Cinnamon ice cream (lovely if you like cinnamon) and plan on doing the Cranberry and Orange relish, but otherwise not much help to me for the big day. I got excited when I saw the section on what you can freeze beforehand, but yes, you guessed it - nothing for Christmas dinner itself. Probably useful for an inexperienced cook to plan Christmas day, or for entertaining on other days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Cooking, 3 Dec 2012
H. Wren "HattyO" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delia Smith's Christmas (Paperback)
Its not my kind of book too full of fancy cooking that most folk don't consider like Goose and duck etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed., 20 Dec 2001
By A Customer
I'm sorry that I didn't see the book before buying it. I was expecting to see more pictures of the finished recipes as this normally entices me to "give it a go". This is the first book of Delia's I have bought and the only recipes that have whetted my appetite are the vegetarian dishes. I think I will be getting out my old recipe book for this Christmas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you have nothing else to do at Christmas!, 5 Jan 2006
This review is from: Delia Smith's Christmas (Paperback)
The recipies in this book are not bad but are difficult to follow with no step by step lists, just massive paragraphs of text and there wasn't enough pictures for my liking. If Delia had her way we'd all be preparing and cooking for Christmas in October! Oh... and she doesn't believe in cooking ahead and freezing. Talk about sucking the fun out of Christmas.

2.0 out of 5 stars I will do it my way this year!, 11 Dec 2000
By A Customer
Unfortunatley this book made my Christmas Day hell! Delia is too pre-occupied with timings and measures, I have cooked many Christmas Dinners, and this was the worst. I shall not be doing it the Delia Smith way again!

1.0 out of 5 stars This book should have gone in the bin (not your fault Delia), 5 Jan 2011
A. M. Dowd (UK) - See all my reviews
The content of the book is brilliant and Delia's recipies are great (especially the Cholcolate Truffle Torte).
The book arrived in an appaling mess that was not fit for my kitchen. It was dirty, sticky and had obviously been used a great deal. I did not realise i had actualy purchased a second hand book in the first place!
However, to be fair they did offer me a refund but thats not the point!

Delia Smith's Christmas
Delia Smith's Christmas by Delia Smith (Paperback - 15 Sep 1994)
10.49