5.0 out of 5 stars It is an asset for successful Christmas dinners!
Published on 13 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I have lots of Delia's books and got this one for Christmas dinner ideas. It is arranged by timeline, which I found confusing. There are a couple of stuffing recipes but only for inside the bird, so no cooking instructions if you want it separate. There are no starters and nothing exciting to do with the vegetables ... except parmesan parsnips but I really don't like the...
Published 19 months ago by Cripdene

5.0 out of 5 stars It is an asset for successful Christmas dinners!, 13 Sep 2000
By A Customer
I always had 'phobias'about all the hassels and panic the Christmas preparations bring. Thanks to this book, I always feel safe that no one will be dissapointed with any of the dishes. Once you follow all the guidelines in this book, you will notice that it is so well explained that you will prepare an unforgettable Christmas dinner for all your guests, leaving them almost speechless. I was so impressed for the perfect timings and the cooking methods so easily explained. I could not help but recommend it to all my friends. I've been refering to it for the past two years and I can say that all recipes were successful. It is the best Christmas recipe book ever made!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Feb 2002
R. Earland "JE" (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is simply brilliant. A plethora of recipe ideas for everyone, from a family of four to party throwing. Simple to use and easy to read - keep it by your side at Christmas and you can't go wrong. Can't believe anyone could complain about measurements and timings! Essentially - this is the whole point! Not only great food but a diary of events leading upto the big day! Can't prasie the book highly enough - my copy is well worn. It just isn't Christmas without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas Easy, 13 Dec 1998
By A Customer
In the great Delia Smith tradition this book takes the mystery and misery out of cooking. Christmas is a time of great expectations, armed with this book you can deliver without the worry. You do not need the touch of a master chef to create a feast, just follow the execllent recipies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The way to a happy christmas, 13 Nov 2000
By A Customer
I bought this book because the in-laws were coming over for christmas dinner and all i can say was that it was a great success! they loved it and i am now on good terms with them! Deila Really puts pen to paper in this book she is truely a culinary wizard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas Cookery book ever!, 16 Dec 2008
I have had this book since it was first published and my food splattered, dog eared copy has stayed by my side every festive season. It cannot be beaten - the pudding is the most moist, delectable ever eaten, the cake is dried fruit nirvana...the casseroles have been adored by anyone who has tried them, sausage rolls that melt in the mouth...I can't rave enough really!
It also has a foolproof timetable for Christmas Day.
I wish I had a 1 for everytime I have recommended this book over the years - I'd be a millionare :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Delia - before the frozen mash!, 27 Aug 2008
I start reading this about six weeks before Christmas when I make the Christmas pud and Cake. Along with 'The box of delights', this book is part of the perfect build up to Christmas. Admittedly I haven't tried all the recipes but if you want a blow by blow account of how to rustle up the perfect Christmas dinner plus other festive essentials then I commend this book to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the biz, 20 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Delia Smith's Christmas (Hardcover)
I used this book for Christmas just gone and it was great. The last 36 hours are planned out for you and as a result, my first Christmas dinner, cooked for 10 people was a great success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dame Delia Does it Best, 5 Oct 2008
D. Mcnally (England) - See all my reviews
Long before cookery became the province of lifestyle gurus and policiticians Delia was out there doing what she does better than anyone who has come after her. With her no-nonsense, modest approach she taught a nation how to cook. Her Christmas book is a 5 star classic. Her instructions are detailed and fail-safe. When the pressure is on over Christmas there's nobody I'd trust more to get me through the festive period. She is the original domestic goddess!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best vegetarian Xmas menu yet, 9 Oct 2001
By A Customer
Being a vegetarian can sometimes make for a boring diet, particularly on special occasions such as Xmas. Delia's Xmas recipe for creamed parnsip roulade with sage and onion stuffing has finally given me something that looks and tastes great with the added bonus of being 'carve-able' - all the tastes of the season with all of the ritual of a proper roast dinner! Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia Xmas, 29 Dec 2010
I have used this book every Christmas since it came out & am only renewing it as the last one fell to pieces.

Delia Smith's Christmas
Delia Smith's Christmas by Delia Smith (Hardcover - 11 Oct 1990)
Used & New from: 0.01