4.0 out of 5 stars Not an easy read.
This book is about how to commit a successful suicide, not an easy suicide. So only buy this book if you are deadly serious (no pun intended) and have a really good reason to want to end it all. It is very challenging. I shall say no more.
Published 13 months ago by Mr. Richard Franklin

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is not what it purports
Published on 14 Jan. 2011 by AlanP2T

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is not what it purports, 14 Jan. 2011
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
This book is about why you should not commit suicide. Reading the pages available on Amazon this was hidden from the reader. In my opinion to sell a book which purports to offer advice as to how to commit suicide, no matter how disagreeable the subject might be to many of us, while all the time having the opposite objective is unforgivable. A deception of the worst kind. The book disingenuously suggests a totally stupid way to commit suicide and then congratulates you on having taken the decision not to. It then proceeds to "help you rebuild your life". This is a cruel deception for the terminally ill.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusted, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
I made the mistake of purchasing this book. It is possibly the most odious piece of trash masquerading as self-help that i have ever come across. Thomas E James far from being interested in your health has simply decided that perhaps suicidal people would be an easy way to make some money.
In his opening chapters his solution to a potentially life ending tragedy is to first set a date to kill yourself, then go for a skydive, then get a job, no get several jobs, whilst presumably suffering from depression and by doing this you can earn money. He goes on to tell us that after we've earned this money, we can buy a house, and eventually retire. This man is clearly a genius.
This is a truly disgusting piece, written by a truly disgusting individual, who earns his money by conning mentally ill people into buying his revolting little booklet in the hope that something in it could help. It can't.

1.0 out of 5 stars deeply dissappointed, 1 Jan. 2012
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
when you have reached a point in your life where you feel that maybe you are in control of the choice to live or die, and you make steps in order to take your own life "commit suicide" and you purchase a book in which you feel you will be "successsful" then it turns out to be a mockery when the book is not really as the tital says.This book has not made me give up my goal just delayed the process.How to Commit a Successful Suicide

1.0 out of 5 stars Evangelical Preaching, 2 April 2013
A. S. Gould (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
I bought this book because I am interested in suicide as a concept, and I want to learn about it. Consequently, reading this book, entitled 'How To Commit A Successful Suicide', I found out that it is a book preaching the reasons why I should not kill myself. Obviously I do not want a book telling me why I shouldn't kill myself when I had no intention of doing so in the first place. This book is deceptive and this is not made clear from the pages we are allowed to read. No matter how uncomfortable a topic this is for many people, it is not a reason to trick people into reading once again another opinion on why suicide is 'bad', not to mention people who are terminally ill.

1.0 out of 5 stars There must be another way...i cant find it., 27 Nov. 2014
Kennu Scott (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
I changed my mind and didnt read it. My thoughts are is that if you really want to take youre life you will do it. Try a Samaritans course and learn about suicide with others. Im hanging in there but health betraying me now. Become a Scientologist, they teach how to survive and goto church and keep on moving: thats how we were designed. If you are a stubborn arse like me no one is going to talk you out of it. I think this book is designed so that you "allow" yourself to be drawn from suicide to a better way of life, hope. Suicidal..... do something strange, anything but. And try not to get yourself admitted by hospitals. Approach someone in a cafe or bar and say "im thinking of taking my own life, would you spend some time with me/ have a chat. I was kinda laughing at the review on here from a man complaining that the book was useless and a con because it didnt tell him how to kill himself. In reality, cold rationally, logically and with a tiny bit of money it can be done.

1.0 out of 5 stars No methods of suicide, just discussing the subject and ..., 1 May 2015
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
No methods of suicide,just discussing the subject and things to arrange.Not what I bought it for .Rubbish to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
this book is a peice of s*** nothing in here helped at all

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an easy read., 11 April 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: How to Commit a Successful Suicide (Paperback)
Ridiculous, almost from the beginning!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 30 Mar. 2015
Misleading title

How to Commit a Successful Suicide
How to Commit a Successful Suicide by Thomas James (Paperback - 17 Aug. 2010)