5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Book
I cannot pretend to have read or understood hte whole content of this book yet, but it is a very comprehensive guide to Database Programming. I would not use OpenOffice Base without it to hand. The Author is respected in the Base community as a contributor to projects and extensions. There is on-line access to some content to save re-typing.

If you are...
Published on 22 July 2011 by Mr. R. Mcmanus

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into
I'm trying to move away from MS Access due to its cost. Databases never seem to fit easily within 'office' type products. I was looking for more information than the Base guide has and this seems to be the only book.

I'm left with the feeling that "I'm sure the content is good" but I find the book difficult to get into.
Published on 15 Nov 2011 by SaturdayScience

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Book, 22 July 2011
Mr. R. Mcmanus (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Database Programming with OpenOffice.org Base & Basic (Paperback)

If you are serious about Datablase, then this is a good book for reference to programming.

4.0 out of 5 stars Database Programming with ooo base, 16 Dec 2012
An excellent book - as an experienced VBA programmer with MS Access it provided what I needed to get going in Open Office Base. Heavy going at timesMay prove too much for someone with no programming background but good nevertheless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into, 15 Nov 2011
SaturdayScience (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews

Database Programming with OpenOffice.org Base & Basic
Database Programming with OpenOffice.org Base & Basic by Roberto Benitez (Paperback - 10 Sep 2008)