Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 September 2015
Reacher using his investigative skills to piece together events on a New York subway train. A senior politician is linked, but how? Questions seem to lead to more questions, not answers.

Yet again, Lee Child describes everything in such vivid detail you can almost picture it yourself. Even the intricacies of New York's street layout is given meticulously. His research must take him forever!

I like the way his stories gradually gather momentum, until you spend one night thinking "I'll just read a chapter." Before you know it, it's 3am and you haven't quite been able to put your Kindle down!
on 13 January 2013
I am biased because I really enjoy all Lee Child's books. They are entertaining and easy to read......Well done Lee!!!!!

Just been to see the Jack Reacher film based on One Shot and enjoyed that as well. Maybe Tom Cruise is not quite tall enough lol.
on 9 April 2015
Not my usual style but I read this for a book club. I found it completely absorbing and addictive reading. i particularly enjoyed the way the author includes the reader in his calculations and logic when working out his next move.
on 10 March 2012
I love these books, yes some of them are better than others of course they are, but this is amongst the really good ones I think. The beginning is chilling, absolutely awful and then the twists and turns are enthralling. Really enjoyed it.
on 30 December 2013
This one is an excellent story, great pace and a few random twists which keep everything going. Much better than the previous Jack Reacher story - although in my opinion they are all good - just some better than others!
on 11 March 2014
This book reminded me of travelling on the New York subway, I'm just glad I didn't experience the same journey as Jack Reacher. I love all of the Reacher series of books and this one is no exception. Lee Child takes me with him wherever he takes Jack Reacher, I long to travel the same roads.
on 21 April 2012
As with all of Lee Childs books - you cant imagine where all the knowledge came from - and this was no exception - hours must have been spent on research - and Boy what an imagination- well done yet again
on 17 August 2015
The summary description doesn't do it justice, I wasn't rushing to read this book but once I started I found it to be another great Reacher adventure. Couldn't put it down once I got passed half way, I had to get to the end. NEXT!
on 14 January 2013
Not up to Mr Childs usual standard.Far to much padding,and over gory.Lack of credible story.Glad it is not the first of the Reacher books that I have read,because I would have missed out on some very good reading
on 6 February 2013
The whole Jack Reacher series is thrilling from beginning to end. i can't put them down, am totally addicted have read them all at least once and enjoyed them so much i am now re-reading some of them while i await the next installment.