Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 August 2011
This is the first book I have read by this author, after coming across him through recommendations on Amazon, and I wonder what took me so long. The main character Wallace is a unusual character compared to most hero's, he is a bus driver with a limp! No Cry For Help drags you in from the first page, and keeps you riveted throughout. Why would a "average Joe", who has led a quiet life have his family taken from him? I tried to guess through much of the book, but it is full of twist and turns and keeps the suspense going right to the last chapter. The story moves fast and is hugely enjoyable. I was rooting for Wallace throughout, as his love for his family make him do things that are completely out of character, this is a man who will cross the line to have them found. The chapters are short but are full of suspense, and I flew through this book. I do not want to spoil the story for you by giving away to much of the plot, but if you love a good thriller I would highly recommend giving this book ago.... A well-written thriller and one of those books that is almost impossible to put down!
on 20 December 2010
I had read the author's first book, Switch when if first came out and loved it. When I heard that his latest was in the works, I pre-ordered it from Amazon and couldn't wait to read it. I wasn't disappointed. It's a fast moving, "I gotta read just one more chapter" book that grabs the reader from the start. The characters are well developed, the plot hangs together from beginning to end, and there's a surprise at the end that makes everything you read a real treat. The style reminds me of a good James Patterson book, and the plot reminds me of a good Lee Child novel. A perfect blend. Pick it up. I promise you'll love it and want to read more from this author.
on 12 April 2011
I've just finished "No Cry For Help" by Grant McKenzie. I had to reach for the laptop immediately in order to write a review. The hour is late as I had to stay up in order to finish the book, and I absolutely had to get to the end as I couldn't wait to find out how the story finished. I was very glad that I did. It was a brilliant ending to an equally fantastic thriller. Having read Grant McKenzie's first novel "Switch", I knew he was capable of crafting a gripping thrill ride experience. I thought that "Switch" would be a tough act to follow but Grant more than met the challenge, demonstrating what a naturally gifted storyteller he is. Excellent plot, great characters and fast-paced action combine to make this a wonderful adrenaline fueled read.
Well done Grant McKenzie!

Highly recommend to all thriller fans to get this book and read it. Also, take a look at his debut novel, "Switch"
on 21 December 2010
What a cracking novel! I was incredibly excited to read Grant's 2nd novel after how brilliant his 1st one was. I was NOT disappointed. A thoroughly enjoyable read, I oouldn't put it down. All I can say is read it!! Read Switch too, you won't regret it.
on 10 May 2011
Having read all the 5 star reviews before purchasing and then reading the book itself I was left feeling I must have missed something. I was surprised at how 2-dimensional this moderate thriller is, more like a comic or perhaps a script for a TV movie. The beginning did grab my attention, and I found Mr Black a spooky character, but the idea that a bus driver (the 'hero', Wallace Carver)could turn more or less overnight into a Charles Bronson-style unstoppable force I found unbelievable. The various appearances of Indians also tested my credibility, as did people being knived and shot, and then managing to carry on in pursuit of the baddies. All in all a disappointingly standard treatment of what initially seemed like a promising plot.
on 13 June 2016
I was enticed in by the description,and the unusual plot-however I am 35% in on my Kindle, and finding it hard going! I didnt count on the involvement of the Indian nation, the gruesome graphic violence, and the increasing feeling that this is all a little far fetched. Bad sign when I want it finished so I can move on to a different book!
on 9 January 2011
Very simply, if my house was on fire, I doubt I would have noticed whilst my nose was pushed inside this. If you like Lee Child, James Patterson, Sean Black, Stephen Leather etc, this guy is for you.

A must for any thriller fan.
on 12 March 2011
Once again Grant McKenzie has put on paper another story that is full of action and emotion.
The characters stand out on every page and believe me those pages keep turning.
I didnt want No Cry for Help to finishes.
Mr McKenzie has certainly managed to rise to the challenge of his 2nd piece of work and really give us somethng exceptional to reading.
Tremendous!
on 12 April 2011
Is the word 'unputdownable' in the dictionary? If not it should be with the description being this book. Yet again Grant McKenzie pulls it out of the bag with this book. I thought 'Switch'was utter brilliance and was a little nervous about reading 'No Cry For Help'...but it is fantastic, fast paced and holds your attention from start to finish. Highly recommended.
on 28 April 2013
After buying and then trashing several so called 'thrillers' as they were slow and boring, I was pleased when I started reading 'No Cry For Help'.
The tale is of an ordinary guy forced into extraordinary circumstances, finding that he has hidden reserves of grit determination as he searches for his abducted family.
The story is well written, fast paced and action packed. The first real 'page turner' I've picked up in a while.

Thanks Mr McKenzie, I look forward to reading 'Switch'....just downloaded.