4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sequal to Promises, Promises.
An extremely enjoyable sequal to Promises, Promises. Once started you will not be able to put the book the down. Chris will never change or learn, but I'm pleased to say that the Women do !!! Read it to find out just what I mean.
Published on 26 Sep 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Great followup to Promises Promises
Published on 3 Jan 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sequal to Promises, Promises., 26 Sep 1999
This review is from: Mirror Mirror (Paperback)
After reading Promises, Promises & Mirror, Mirror you really will feel that the Munroes are part of your life and you personally know them, some you'll like, some you won't - to put it mildly.
There is definately scope out there for a 3rd book !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 July 2003
This review is from: Mirror Mirror (Paperback)
I looked forward to reading this book, after reading Promises, Promises. I was not disappointed, although I think Promises, Promises was slightly better, it was really good. Not as much happens in this book, as in Promises, Promises, but it continues the story and we pick up from where we left off. Although the ending was the right ending, I would have preferred Ellen to end up with the other man in the love triangle. We have more access to Suzy and Alexandra in this novel and Suzy moves from being the 'villan' in Promises Promises to been a really good character and very likeable,and Alexandra takes her place, what a cow! Patricia Scanlan fans should read this book, especially if they have read Promises, Promises.

4.0 out of 5 stars mirror miror, 16 July 2003
This review is from: Mirror, Mirror (Hardcover)
This is the follow up to the book promises promises and i couldnt put it down. the characters really come to life and have you laughing and crying with them as they face the obstacles in their individual paths. Chris wallace is the lovable rogue that connects the women in this novel and you love to hate him as the story continues with the munroes lives and loves. I couldnt put it down this is a must have holiday read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow up to Promises Promises, 23 Oct 2013
Mrs. Julie Holt "Julie Haigh" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
This is a the second of a two part story so it's really a must to read Promises Promises first. I had not heard of Patricia Scanlan before and really bought the set of two books because they were on special offer but this author should be at the top of the bestseller lists because I was really pleasantly surprised at the quality of her writing. It's a family story where a girl falls for a rotter and, for a time, things seem to go his way and he comes up smelling of roses every time. In the second book his run of luck runs out and everything seems to go wrong for him at the same time. This is a wonderfully healing read if you have gone through a bad relationship and/or divorce and many things said and done in the book were uncannily similar to my own experience! The charaters are so lifelike, for example, the mother-in-law who is a big noise at the Townswomen's Guild who wonders how she will show her face there again after all the scandal that has befallen her family. It is such a heart-warming story with a few comic episodes,it really does make you look back at your own divorce/split and makes it easier to get through, the revenge episodes made me think YES! This story is so life-like and so enjoyable, I couldn't put it down, it's perfect holiday reading. Patricia Scanlan's writing is so clever because she does different scenes from different characters' point of view, for example one moment she would have me thinking, poor Ellen, Chris is such a rotter then in the following interlude she would write from Chris' point of view and describe his confusion about his feelings so next thing I would feel sympathy for Chris and be able to understand why he had been acting as he had. One of my all time great reads, a brilliant saga. Now I have gone on to read all Patricia Scanlan's books, I have really enjoyed them all but this saga is something special.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great followup to Promises Promises, 3 Jan 1999
This review is from: Mirror Mirror (Paperback)
After reading the first book Promises, Promises. I was really looking forward to Mirror Mirror. You just love to hate Chris, the mean, two timing, self centered brat (to put it mildly). My only problem was that the publisher messed up the book and inserted 100 pages from another book, so I had to fill in the blanks. It picked up with the original story later, but a lot may have happened in those 100 pages. Why didn't I just go change it, you ask? I had my mom send it 3000 miles (Ireland to Boston) to me, that's why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the Third Sequal, 21 Feb 2001
This review is from: Mirror Mirror (Paperback)
After enjoying "Promises, Promises", it was a terrific treat to read "Mirror, Mirror". I only wish I could find Patricia Scanlon's novels in the USA. I found this delightful author London where I naturally gravitate toward bookstores. Ms. Scanlon, please write more of your great books. I and my friends in NYC are waiting for more. In fact, I'll be in Dublin this September and I hope I will be bringing back more of your books to the States. Each one of your novels is so real life in identifying people I know. Please don't get "writer's block".

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
Love, hatred, betrayal, desire, comedy - everything is in this book (part 2 to 'Promises, Promises') with a twist so juicy I couldn't put it down. Definitely a must read for a lazy summer afternoon.

4.0 out of 5 stars mirror mirror, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Mirror Mirror (Hardcover)
I read the first book and wanted to find out what happened to the characters I enjoyed the book worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
I had not read any of Patricia Scanlan books before until I read Promises Promises and just had to read the sequel Mirror Mirror and it did not disappoint, I just could not put either of them down. I will certainly be reading her books again.
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mirror, Mirror (Kindle Edition)
Just downloaded promises promises and mirror mirror . I'd read both books in my early twenties.I'm now in my early forties and again I've just re-read them. Absolutely brilliant. If you like meabh binchy you'll love Patricia Scanlon. Really good stories and brilliant character's.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mirror, Mirror
Mirror, Mirror by Patricia Scanlan (Paperback - 2 April 2007)