4.0 out of 5 stars A clever play on words!
Yes - I was hooked by the title. "What is this about" I asked myself, "now", "a gift"...?
Well in a very clever way it's about both. The book is very short and written as a story within a story, the inner story being about the interactions between a young man (learning) and an old man (the teacher).
We find out in simple words about the potential of the...
Published on 23 Mar. 2004 by Mike Eccles

1.0 out of 5 stars the gift that makes you anything but happy
The more I read, the more, stressed, anxious and angry I became. I felt cheated by this oh so predictable, childishly written, condescending piece of dribble. What got me was the number of wasted words it used to get across its message, when quite honestly all that required to be written was that the best present you can give yourself is to live in the present. There are...
Published 16 months ago by Mrs Joan Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars An insightful perspective, 15 July 2013
I was recommended another book by this author & in the process of looking to buy it I came across this book. It describes a journey through life using a simple rule of staying in the present. Then add elements of learning from your past and using it to plan your future. Read it and see what you think. I have certainly found a way that might help me to find my purpose in life and regain my enthusiasm again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Present by Spencer Johnson, 18 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Present: The Gift That Makes You Happy And Successful At Work And In Life (Paperback)
The Present by Spencer Johnson is a great wee book. It's a short story but it's packed with a powerful message for everyone who reads it. I won't spoil things by saying what that simple message is - so just read it and see.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Presnet, 4 Aug. 2012
This is another great book by Spencer Johnson. After reading 'Who Moved My Cheese?', there was a lot to live up to. However, if you start reading with an open mind you'll take alot from the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Present, 1 Feb. 2013
Keeps you guessing till the end.
An easy and enjoyable read plus ...
a great motivational book.
A must read to help yourself and others to be positive and keep motivated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Present is a REAL gift, 16 July 2009
K. Allman "RoseChappie" (London UK) - See all my reviews
Loved this book. Very easy to read. Informative. So full of nuggets of very relevant information. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for tips on how to remain in the "now".

5.0 out of 5 stars The Present, 9 Jan. 2013
You can read this any time anywhere - and it changes thought processes - a great guide to understanding whats happening in your life and how to move forward

5.0 out of 5 stars The Present, 17 Mar. 2013
A very simple book with a simple but with a very important message.
This really opened my eyes, highly recommended, excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make The Present a present, 8 July 2010
Having read Who moved my Cheese I moved onto The Present. Excellent reading and made me rethink my strategies on life.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply but very powerful, 2 May 2014
A simple, short and powerful book. Implement the idea and your half way there. Will be reading it a few more times.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift, 9 Sept. 2013
Maureen Moore (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I absolutley love this book and I quite ofter re read it when I need a reality check. A lovely book indeed x

The Present: The Gift That Makes You Happy And Successful At Work And In Life