5.0 out of 5 stars A love story for all romantics...
Actually, forget my title- this story isn't merely suitable for romantics alone- its for everyone. I cannot stress enough how utterly heart-wrenching this book is. Nicholas Sparks cunningly lures you into a deep and intense love, shared by two adorable characters whom are bought to life so well!
The Notebook is a fantastic love story- compelling and irrisistable. The...
Published on 25 Aug 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars really!?!
There are very few movies that I think are better then the book, but here the movie is so much better. The book is like 50pages long and pretty disappointing. Its more s short story. Watching the movie took longer
Published 15 months ago by Bryony

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story for all romantics..., 25 Aug 2004
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
The Notebook is a fantastic love story- compelling and irrisistable. The love between Noah and Allie is both real and inpenetrable. Makes one think.... *sigh*...
What is more, with many great books- the ending can sometimes prove to be a let-down- however, Sparks concludes this novel with a wholly satisfying ending, leaving your heart (which- throughout the novel as been broken and mended numerous times) contented.
Read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Notebook, 7 Nov 2003
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook was recommended to me by many readers who were familiar with his work. Apparently, this novel is one of Spark's best works, and referred to by many avid readers. As a first time reader of this novel, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Most novels don't strike me with great "UMPH" and candor as to inspire me to read more or even read more works by the same author, but Sparks has put a standing mark on my search for books to read. So if you're in the mood for a great love story full of romance, laughter, and suspense; then this is the book for you! In the relationship between a handsome young man by the name of Noah Calhoun and a fun-loving, beautiful girl named Allie Nelson, you find out whether love is able to override disappointments and consequences in their life. Sparks is able to take an entire lifetime and mold it into a masterpiece, but will this masterpiece include the common notion of love conquering all? Decisions can affect one for a lifetime, and if Allie is faced with a gut-wrenching decision, will love really be able to intervene and choose before logic? This novel honestly touched my heart with its fairy-tale like love that will be remembered for a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 July 2006
G. Singh (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by Nickolas Sparks and it was just beautiful. Not many romance novels can live up to this one. I just think it was quite heart warming and the story of Noah's and Allie's love will remain with me forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irresistibly romantic, 7 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
A book which has been written beautifully and romantic it is about a love that is lost and found again. The characters are vivid and real, and you the reader are lifted into their world. I do suggest that the tissues are handy as it had me in tears. If you have a love of poetry, you will enjoy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever In Love, 26 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
The Notebook tells you the meaning of true love. I read this book after i've finished Message In A Bottle, and I found that they are the best novels i've ever read. Once you begin the first chapter you will be attached to the story, you can never put it down. There is an endless love between Allie and Noah, and we are told that true love always stays. Might sound strange but I couldn't help staring at the book when I finished the last page, recalling every beautiful word Sparks has given to the brilliant story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stopped in my tracks, 24 Oct 2002
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
This book literally stopped me in my tracks. the initial impression is one of a kind man taking time out to read to an elderly lady from a worn notebook. as the story switches from the man's daily ritual of reading the notebook to the actual contents of the notebook, each element is equally engaging. the most thought provoking element of the story is the emotion contained in the notebook's story of love overcoming obstacles. i found myself dwelling on the fact that there is a real danger of us falling into the trap of thinking that the only type of love and romance is the young, flighty, giddy type; as opposed to the enduring and 'come what may' type as is recounted in this story. the love which exists between two people no matter what the effect of the ravages of time. it is a story of warmth, which i could not leave down even as the tears trickled down my cheeks. a book that should be passed amongst friends until it becomes as worn as the notebook in the title.

5.0 out of 5 stars One For The Romantics, 6 Oct 2006
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
In today's world of divorces and materialism it was refreshing to read a book that portrays beautifully what's most important in life ... love.

A lot of readers will frown upon it's supposed sickly sweetness, but for the true romantics out there, it's perfect. It's a story that teaches the importance of following your heart instead of your head.

A short novel which means it's easily readable in a couple of sittings, the story is not dragged out and the pace is kept moving without dwelling on a single aspect for too long.

Nicholas Sparks writes simply from the heart without 'butching' it up with long complicated words that only those with Oxford or Cambridge degrees would understand.

It's not exactly a classic in terms of Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre, but it's definitely a classic in it's own right.

1.0 out of 5 stars really!?!, 20 April 2013
This review is from: The Notebook (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever - and I'm not even finished!, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I recently watched The Last Song and Dear John in the cinemas (I loved both films), and as The Notebook is a famous book by the same creator, I decided to order it. I recieved this book yesterday and I'm now halfway through it, but already it's my favourite book. Not only do I love the story, but I love how it's written, the characters and the scenery. Sparks writes so passionately and evokes such strong emotions in his writing, and from the first page I knew it would be a book that would stay with me forever. The romance in The Notebook is one we always dream of - the chemistry between Noah and Allie is amazing - and the characters are people we can relate to. It's really unputdownable. I can't wait to watch the film. Buy The Notebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that would make your heart ache, 11 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Notebook (Paperback)
I loved the way this book was written, Sparks style of writing had totally touched my heart. I have never read anything in such beautiful language. I had read the book in a space of 2 days, I could not put it down, it made me cry, made me smile. Even though I had read it a couple of weeks ago, I can still remember every detail, it seems like the story has a life of its very own. It made me realise that no matter what happens in life, true love never changes and never dies.

The Notebook
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (Paperback - 5 July 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01