4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting autobiography
I once transported Geri Halliwell in my taxi and I was intrigued to find out how she came to fame.
Geri Halliwell's 'If Only' autobiography gives a detailed account of her childhood and how she became to be a member of the Spice Girls. Geri had to go to many auditions and faced a large number of rejections before she had her 'lucky break' with the Spice Girls...
Published on 23 Dec 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars All fluff no substance
I read Geri Halliwell's book If Only with eager anticipation. It left me with more questions. What was the REAL reason why she left the Spice Girls? I think it was a power play between the girls and/or Simon Fuller. Perhaps it was her drug problem and her mental state. I fully believe that her dealings with aneroxia was more to do with drugs and her lack of...
Published on 19 July 2006 by CrazyKK

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting autobiography, 23 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
Being famous sometimes wasn't easy for Geri and she had times when she couldn't leave her hotel room or fly home. The papers wrote many things about her that were untrue and even some of her old acquaintances betrayed her by selling stories to the press for large sums of money.
This autobiography made me realise that if you want something that much, then never give up and keep trying !
Karen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book Ever, 8 Sep 2003
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
I starting reading this book as soon as it came out. I was on holiday in Crete at the time and just could not put it down. It was the best book I've ever read! Geri tells it how it is, from her early relationships to deaths in her family. It is a very emotional book, but it was brilliant. As a teenage girl myself, I found that I could relate to Geri's own teenage life and her own experiences have helped me through mine.
A top book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 8 Oct 2000
Seth Thomas "seththomas05" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Only (Mass Market Paperback)
Never before have I read such a beautiful autobiographical account of a star's life. Geri's own triumph over tragedy story is one that will stay with you for a lifetime. From her poverty-stricken childhood to her glamour modeling days, Ms. Halliwell tells her life story like no one else can. This book is filled with happy moments, sad moments, and some of the funniest moments I have ever read about. A must have for anyone - even if you're not a Geri fan. You will be after you read this beautiful book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Changed my opinion about Geri., 24 Feb 2003
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
I was never a fan of Geri, but reading this book really changed my mind. While i'm not exactly her number one fan, this book help you understand what she has been through to get where she is. It shows all the work that goes on before she reached the Spice Girls, and how, even afterwards, she was still struggling with her self-image.
The parts on her eating disorder is a great insight, and as someone who has suffered similar problems, it really helped to understand her.
Definitly worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like Gerry, 24 Jun 2009
T. Gouveia "Anais" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
I'm not really a Gerri fan...however I do feel a soft spot for her. Maybe because we're the same age, maybe because she was an unknown person whose sheer determination and drive got her to where she wanted to go. The book is well written and from the heart. I loved her description of being one night with Scary Spice, looking at the stars and dreaming of fame, I loved that!

5.0 out of 5 stars An in depth, compelling, honest, brilliant read., 19 Dec 2011
M. Walton (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
She's done such a fantastic job on her first autobiography. The detail she goes into concerning her early days before the Spice Girls was even conceived is phenomenal. You feel like you're almost in the same room. Once I started reading, I was enthralled to continue until I'd read it through. I really enjoyed reading about her childhood, her teenage years, the ups and downs of her career, and her determination to flourish is far from mediocre. If she had forgotten anything, I don't think it would have made a substantial difference. The diary entries, which feature throughout, contribute well to the telling of her life.

The book is unbiased. Some of Geri's experiences are frank (even fierce,) yet told truthfully. Little is evasive. The Spice Girls, inevitably, come into effect, but the story is only aligned with the group as need be. Geri mentions the other girls' backgrounds & characteristics, along with the Spice Girls' journey, but doesn't over explain, or become carried away. There's much behind-the-scenes knowledge that the world seldom, or never knew about, which is written here. I wouldn't regard this as a 'reveal all.' Geri tell us her life, to which she, inevitably, unearths various details, without the need of a reaction, or shock. Geri's autobiography is inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
I was a huge Spice girl fan and Geri was my favourite. This is Geri's honest rags to riches story which makes compelling reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars If only - a book by Geri Halliwell, 2 May 2011
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
This book is filled with details about life of Geri, her youth - dreams and ambitions and how she struggled for success. I am right now in the middle of the book so I do not know yet what she will write about next, but the style of her writing is very intriguing and simply interesting. Advise it for for every person wishing to pursue a career in showbiz and Geri fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing read! Not just for a spice girls fan, 14 Mar 2010
UK Lover (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
This book was an excellent read i couldn't put it down! Geri Halliwell comes across as both frank and honest, she openly discusses her battles with food along with her emotional struggles. I've always been more of a Victoria Beckham fan and wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but it was truly a refreshing read and lets us see the real person behind the "ginger spice" personality. This is one woman who has had an extraordinary life.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 18 April 2009
Léo Cezimbra (Uruguaiana, RS Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Only (Paperback)
This fantastic Number 1 bestseller shows everything about Geri origins and her life with Spice Girls! A very well-writting book with some fact that fans will love to see!!! Geri tells why she leave de group and her feelings about it! Essential reading for every Spice & Geri fan!

If Only
If Only by Geri Halliwell (Paperback - 2 Sep 2002)