Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 February 2004
This is the first book by John O'Donohue that I am reading. I am still not finished but it has touched my soul already!. John has the capacity to transform my eyes and my mind to look at the world around me in such a way that I can see the stunning beauty that is designed into our world which is only waiting to be appreciated and I believe now that the more you are touched by the beauty the more enhanced it gets!!!
His book makes me feel that the universe has a way of looking at itself in self admiration and I think John O'Donohue is some kind of a mirror reflecting that in his book.
READ IT!!! I am sure I will be reading it many times over and so will you.
on 25 February 2010
John O'Donohue's profound and beautifully-published writings are such a collection of lived, experienced and hope-enhancing treasures. 'Divine Beauty' offers a welcoming tapestry of 'the beautiful' in life - grounded in everyday experience yet calling his readers to share in the vision of the Divine in all. There's nothing wishy-washy about his work either - a fantastic book to read cover-to-cover, or dip in and out of - and thus find a true companion. Wonderful stuff!
on 20 December 2010
I like the way this book combines wonderful writing and expresses beautiful thoughts, but is in a format that can be put down and picked up again with no trouble. Each section can stand on it's own.
I have found reading this book has opened up new ideas to beauty and how it is expressed and seen. I love the way the celtic ideas and beliefs have so easily been translated to our time.
If you like beautifully written spiritual books that you do not have to read all the way through in one go to understand, then this is the book for you.
on 4 November 2013
A wonderful book! John O'Donahue at his best. Makes you consider how you view God' wonderful creation, . Would highly recommend this to others.
on 2 December 2013
As with other John O'Donohue books I find myself deeply touched by each passage. Memories of times, places, occasions
of Beauty and the way I felt when e xperiencing it are so often brought to me along with my gratitude that this occurred. This
man's heart, soul, mind, history are exceptional. I find myself grateful that he wrote all that he did. As with Anam Cara I plan
on gifting both these books to family and some friends in the future. Thank you John
on 11 August 2013
The beauty of this book is it helps you recapture your sense of Awe in your surroundings and helps you look at things, places and people differently
on 4 May 2014
As new copy fast delivery. An amazingly beautiful book. As I would expect from John o Donahue rich spiritual writing which will be read many times to enlighten the human heart and soul.
on 1 October 2014
Essential
on 13 March 2016
One of my favourite authors. I own this in paperback too, I get so much pleasure reading John O'Donohue' s books. I find this a very beautiful book written from a beautiful heart. Very inspirational.
on 14 July 2015
I am very glad I purchased this beautiful book. It is thought provoking and comforting.