5.0 out of 5 stars what a wonderful reading adventure
Published on 25 Feb 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars On Mystic lake
Love the her books but this was stated as very good, but indeed well thimbed and a very dirty cover will not be buying from that buyer again
Published 12 months ago by Helen Shackleton

5.0 out of 5 stars what a wonderful reading adventure, 25 Feb 1999
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Hardcover)
I absolutely loved this book right down to the cover and the quotes at each beginning of each chapter. What a wonderful story of love and determination,Annie was exactly the way I was in the end of a long term marriage for the same reason and it is so painful. I am so glad Nick and Izzy became a part of her life, and I am sure if we could see the ending it would be exactly the way we wanted it to be. I have to admit I shed a lot of tears some of pain, frustration and of course for happiness. I was impressed with Blake and Annie's daughter and how she was able to cope with a marriage ending for her parents and being able to advise her Mom to go on and seek happiness. Well what can we say about Nick, he will have to deal with a problem for the rest of his life but with the love of Annie and wee Izzy counting on him we have to know he will be okay. I have always loved all of Kristan's book and this book is certainly her best and has won a special place in my heart. Anyone who loves to read needs to enjoy a day with this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Book!, 9 Dec 1998
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Hardcover)
I was fortunate to receive a pre-publication copy of this book, and it is wonderful. I truly couldn't put it down. I grabbed my first tissue within the first ten pages. By the last third of the book, I'd given up on tissues and just pulled off long strips of toilet paper. BUT...it's that GREAT kind of crying, not the rip your guts out ugly kind. This book will please all of Kristin Hannah's romance fans as well as bringing her a new group of readers who gravitate more toward "women's fiction." A delicate path to walk, but Hannah pulls it off. I can't recommend On Mystic Lake highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read book for every woman., 13 Jan 1999
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Hardcover)
I also read this book early and what a fabulous novel! My heart broke for Annie Colwater on page fifteen and by the end of the book I felt as if I had been living Annie's life right along with her. I cried, I smiled, and I fell in love all over again. It is so very real and human. Every single woman who reads this will ache through Annie's hard times, rejoice in her happiness, and be cheering her on by the end of the book. It is a novel for mothers, for daughters, for any woman who has ever loved. Do not miss this one. It is truly remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoker!, 22 Feb 1999
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Hardcover)
Ms. Hannah grabbed my heart and then jerked it around in her hands until I was left wiped out on my bed and contemplating the holes in my own life. Best NOT read if your marriage is not what you dreamed it would be!

1.0 out of 5 stars On Mystic lake, 27 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 14 Dec 2011
I decided to read this book after I had read Kirstin Hannah's Night Road, this book was published in 1999, so I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it as much, but I am glad to say I did, and if I'm honest I enjoyed it even more. I absolutely loved this book from the first page Kirstin Hannah pulls you in. The characters are well written, interesting and complex and I found myself rooting for a happy ending for Annie, Nick and the adorable Izzy. On Mystic Lake is so well written, that you feel you know the characters, and so you feel there pain. Whilst reading this book I felt I was on an emotional roller coaster, one minute laughing out loud and then reaching for the tissues, as I was crying. The book deals with many issues including betrayal, alcoholism, and suicide, all which were dealt with sensitively and realistically. I was so engrossed in this book I started reading it yesterday morning and could not put it down until I finished it last night. I will certainly be looking out for other books by Kirstin Hannah, especially, if they are as good as On Mystic Falls.

5.0 out of 5 stars On Mystic Lake, 19 July 2004
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Paperback)
This must be by far the best book that I've read for ages. I bought it when I left work on maternity leave 5 years ago & have finally got round to reading it! I wish I had picked it up sooner. I don't usually read romantic fictions but will be doing now. There is so much compassion in this story & likeable characters. The book brought out so many emotions in me & I could not put it down. Excellent!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A melting your heart and healing story line!, 8 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I have passed this book on to help replentish the faith of beautiful people with a serious problem. An eye opener for those in need of an eye opener. Recommended reading for those with children. Recommended reading for older children who experience life with an drinker. An eye opener for those who we can get to read it before drinking becomes a problem. A reminder that unconditional love is all you really need. On Mystic Lake was one of the best books I have ever read. It is a very easy read. You don't want to put it down even after you are done. Pass it on for continued life. My copy is now in the hands of a recovering alcoholic with a 5 year old boy. Kirsten Hannah writes every bit as good as Nora Roberts.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 24 Sep 2009
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Paperback)
love all of kristin hannah's book, but on mystic lake is definately the best, would have made a great film

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely breath-taking! You will never want to put it down, 24 Nov 2001
This review is from: On Mystic Lake (Paperback)
i have just finished reading this book and it is brilliant.It has you Crying and feeling happy at the same time!If you love romances and like a good cry then i strongly recommend this book.My sister read the whole book on a 9hr plane journey!

On Mystic Lake
On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah (Paperback - 1 Oct 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01