on 18 May 2010
The entire series of these books is awesome.

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite writers (and have now read hundreds of these types of books)

She writes well, all her characters are well constructed and likeable and although some parts of the series are better than others (because you start to develop favourite characters I think) I would recommend these to anyone who enjoys a fast paced, well written easy read.

I have read every Supernat type book she has written now and thoroughly enjoyed every single one - most of the time not getting much sleep because I couldn't put them down!

Start with Bitten and if you like it, get them all because the minute you put down one you will want to start the next one!
on 9 May 2010
Kelley Armstrong has beautifully filled in some missing gaps to her various stories. We finish the book knowing more about the beginning blossoming romance between elena and Clayton, eve levine and Kristoff Nast. With a mixture of short and longer stories to keep you entetained all the way through, you come out feeling closer to some of the important characters of her other books such as Paige and Lucas. It's a definite read for those addicts to all her books and is as well written as them. Her ability to clarify nuances with her diversity of characters is what makes her one of the best in her field
Kelley is a not only a long time addiction of mine but I'd like to think a friend who's helped me through hard times with her creative world-building. Here in her second charity novel, is a collection of additional short stories that have wowed the fans for a few years. Add to the mix the return of firm favourites, some tales of a prequel nature and you really get a book that fleshes out the world and characters in greater detail. A real treat for many readers and one that will establish a deeper mythos in the tales that have been cried out for and requested by a great many readers.
on 28 April 2011
This book contains tales of Otherworld that don't fit in with the actual novels. I bought this before I got into the series properly (had read Bitten but wasn't keen on it), so the characters didn't always make sense in spite of entertaining plots. Saying that, it was a really good read and encouraged me to start reading the rest of the series. I wasn't disappointed. The stories are long enough to have a plot but short enough to read in quiet moments without getting too engrossed. Lots of humour.
This book is a compilation of some of the free fiction on Kelley Armstrong's website, but with the addition of some new stories. In particular, I really liked the story about Kristof Nast and Eve Levine, not least with the role played by Nast Senior in the relationship. The story involving Sean Nast is also excellent, with my favourite part being Savannah's greeting of her grandfather, the key point being 'which one?'.

This is a definite 'must-buy' for fans of the Otherworld stories.
on 6 April 2011
Kelley Armstrong's latest collection of short stories are a fantastic addition to her women of the otherwold series. Including all her best characters so far. Couldn't put it down. I found myself complaining each time I reached the end of a story that it was too good to be short but then immediately became wrapped up in the next. Personally I don't usually like short stories but these ones like the men of the otherworld short story collection are an exception to that rule.
on 24 March 2011
This book is great as it fills in some 'missing' gaps / or explains how other characters came to be in existence. It has been better to read now it as the last in the list.(And I've read the whole list)
The various chapters are narrated by the main character, i.e. Elena ,Clayton which is a great idea.
Not normally a short tales fan but this book is A VERY GOOD buy.
on 18 June 2015
In her 13 book series Women of the Otherworld Kelley Armstrong manages to create characters which are thoroughly three dimensional. I felt invested in their stories. This book builds on some of those characters and answers some of the questions which I would have loved to ask them. I have a better understanding of why they are the way they are and act the way they act in the series. I don't think these stories could be appreciated fully without previously reading the other novels, however now that I have read these I will go back and reread the others with a better appreciation of them. A truly talented author who has created a whole world which I am delighted to visit with every book she produces.
on 2 November 2013
Although I'm quite sure this would be enjoyed as a standalone book it provides welcome back stories and additional detail for the characters in the Otherworld series. I admit, the Pack are my favourite, and the Men of the Otherworld is just wonderful but this fills a lot of gaps that you didn't even realise were gaps.
on 31 October 2010
This book works even if its the first kelly armstrong book you read or if you have read them all. its an introduction/background history into many of the staple characters. vampires sorcerors, and witches another unputdownable book from kelly armstrong